Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 26,416 through 26,430 (of 39,922 total)

  • RE: BYOC

    I'd argue it's ignorance on the part of managers.

    They're looking at time = productivity, and then they're the same ones that complain that people don't get enough done when they're...

  • RE: BYOC

    I hear you, but how do you balance that with work calling you at home?

    I think we have to get past the "hours worked" in IT at least, and perhaps...

  • RE: Best of SQL Server Central

    Authors get copies, I'll send out copies to those, uh, slackers that don't make PASS when I get back. 😀

    They're all here, have to ship them back to Denver. Cutoff...

  • RE: How Productive Are You?

    Anonymous post:

    I am a Sr DBA and data architect. The number of hours I actually work depend on my position/contract and the day. Sometimes it'a even less than an hour,...

  • RE: How Productive Are You?

    Anonymous response:

    Steve,

    I've been subscribed to your newsletter for about 6 months now and enjoy it quite a bit. I am the Systems Architect for a medium sized online and...

  • RE: How Productive Are You?

    Anonymous post:

    On a slow day I work 8 hours. I usually feel like I get very little accomplished in those 8 hours and those hours will have to include...

  • RE: Best of SQL Server Central

    :), I'd love to resell these, having a few issues with Amazon. We've pulled them off the site as well for now.

    Red Gate is using most of these as marketing...

  • RE: How Productive Are You?

    Thanks for the comments and it's interesting to see what people think.

    As I read through these, I think I might actually be more efficient than I expected. If I start...

  • RE: The sign of things to come?

    I actually am writing about this next week, or I guess it's already written for release while I'm at PASS.

    It doesn't make sense in the short term, for this system...

  • RE: How Productive Are You?

    Anonymous Post #2

    Hi there.

    I pretty much get 8 hours in per day. I think I work very efficiently. But I'm currently in a job where I can hide away in...

  • RE: How Productive Are You?

    Interesting. I agree it's not the only metric. Effectiveness is ultimately what matters, but for planning, you need to guess at some xx amount of work and hours is one...

  • RE: Move Users

    Are you moving to new places or to the same server over and over?

    You only need to move logins once, and if you use the same SID, then you...

  • RE: The SQLServerCentral Party at PASS

    Just as a note, we usually have 2-3 free admissions to the conference we give away to authors each year.

    Anyone that can cover travel/hotel and is interested, write me...

  • RE: Do we need separate job to backup System databases?

    I've gone both ways, but I have tended to separate out the system databases to a separate job.

  • RE: OS Disk Defrag

    I'm with TheSQLGuru. I'd shut down SQL Server. If the files are being written to, it's possible that you are slowing things down or there could be an issue. There...

Viewing 15 posts - 26,416 through 26,430 (of 39,922 total)