Viewing 15 posts - 25,081 through 25,095 (of 39,920 total)
The question is based on identities and defaults. You don't know how many columns, so how can you insert a row? It might seem unclear, but I think it you...
March 2, 2009 at 10:31 am
I think you have to reassess how you look at things, do lots of testing, and possibly revisit your architectures. I think this can work. Not that it should, but...
March 2, 2009 at 10:11 am
Make sure it's the same on both nodes as well.
March 2, 2009 at 10:10 am
It's a round robin type thing.
You can do one file / filegroup and get this granuarity.
March 2, 2009 at 10:06 am
Are you talking about paging? There are articles on this site dealing with that.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Advanced+Querying/3181/
March 2, 2009 at 10:05 am
I'd agree with Gus. I'd also start by being sure you are using N' data types (Nvarchar, ntext, etc.)
March 2, 2009 at 10:03 am
Haven't tested it, but this (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms186865.aspx) seems to indicate it does.
It doesn't prevent another process or user from deleting them.
March 2, 2009 at 9:58 am
FWIW, I'd consider this the way to do things. Always restore with NORECOVERY and then once you're sure you're done, run the statement Gail has listed above.
March 2, 2009 at 9:57 am
I believe we used .dat in the old days (pre v6.5) at some point. That and .dmp were used, but they were by convention, no reason not to use them....
March 2, 2009 at 9:56 am
I'm not sure what is wrong, but how are you retrieving the backups from tape? There should be a header that you can read with the RESTORE HEADERONLY.
Also, it's recommended...
March 2, 2009 at 9:52 am
Interesting thoughts. I would have thought that most people wouldn't prune old procs, but quite a few people do seem to do it.
And a great point about DR procs. They...
March 2, 2009 at 9:51 am
Moved to data corruption.
As Gail mentioned the error log usually has an error code and description that can explain many of the reasons why a database gets suspect.
If it's a...
March 2, 2009 at 9:46 am
Are they? Salesforce.com is essentially a cloud service. That much different from an app? You wouldn't have to send all the images, formatting, etc. down, just the data. The XBOX...
March 2, 2009 at 9:44 am
You would need to provide more detail, or ask more questions for these, IMHO.
We are happy to help, but we want to see you do work. Thanks for putting in...
March 1, 2009 at 8:39 am
:), not bad.
How about a SQL JD, just argue the way things should be done in the database all day
February 27, 2009 at 5:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 25,081 through 25,095 (of 39,920 total)