Viewing 15 posts - 24,661 through 24,675 (of 39,919 total)
Ten seems high, but it depends on usage, as mentioned. You would want to look at the stats, see if they are really used. Also check the missing indexes view...
March 29, 2009 at 11:03 am
You might look at SQL Sentry's scheduling solution for help with the jobs.
As far as making this faster, you would need to get execution plan for each insert/update and see...
March 29, 2009 at 11:02 am
That's interesting. I'd think that there would be no problem reading it offline. Maybe some JS we have. I'll give it a try and save some files.
March 28, 2009 at 2:31 pm
Micheal, sounds like a good article idea (hint, hint)
March 28, 2009 at 2:24 pm
Don't shut down the Windows host, shut down the SQL Server server instance. Use SSMS, right click, shut down SQL Server.
Or Control Panel/Services, turn the service off.
March 28, 2009 at 2:23 pm
There is always a bottleneck. You just have to decide if it's an issue on your system. Once you fix that bottleneck, or mitigate it, there will be another one.
You...
March 28, 2009 at 10:30 am
Jeff,
I think there's a good call for a T-SQL book from you 🙂
The other thing is that most authors aren't thinking performance when they write. They might be when the...
March 28, 2009 at 10:23 am
Paul does a restart of SQL, and a restart of tempdb clear this up?
March 27, 2009 at 3:50 pm
The generator has been in for a little over a year, works great, no issues. We still might lose connectivity if the upstream links die (it happens), but so far...
March 27, 2009 at 3:45 pm
IBM can run their business however they want, but I don't want to support them, and neither should our government.
March 27, 2009 at 3:42 pm
Very nice! Great voice.
Perhaps I should get some guest music/video for a podcast 😉
March 27, 2009 at 12:40 pm
sing4you (3/27/2009)
I'm a professional singer and I know better than to sing with headphones on (when people are in ear shot). :hehe:
Are we going to hear some singing without headphones?...
March 27, 2009 at 12:05 pm
Are you trying to restore a copy of the MSR database OVER TOP of a copy on your local server?
The general process:
- Connect to production with SSMS
- run backup from...
March 27, 2009 at 11:31 am
Viewing 15 posts - 24,661 through 24,675 (of 39,919 total)