Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 24,646 through 24,660 (of 39,919 total)

  • RE: Code Formatting

    Hmm, maybe something changed. I'll get the code list and post it.

    No changes yet since the release last week. There is development starting today for release next week.

  • RE: The Visit of the Recovery Testers.

    IceDread (3/30/2009)


    All those problems could still arise, like loss of connection, but to be 100% safe one has to do a lot of work that might not always be...

  • RE: Harassment

    The definition is in the ear of the victim/beholder. However they have to let you know.

    Overhearing something isn't harassment. If they say something, like that offends me and I can...

  • RE: The Need for Tape

    Charles,

    Good points and when you have to keep tapes, like EOY, I'm not sure disk is a great choice. There are already issues with movies trying to keep backups of...

  • RE: Do DBAs Still Read Techincal Books?

    I'm not sure I think the books are horrible. They have some mistakes, however I bet you'd be hard put to not find mistakes in any technical paper over 10...

  • RE: Birthday alert

    KTTHOOL,

    Please don't get frustrated or upset here. What we've asked for is you to explain what isn't working for you. We feel, a few of us, that you haven't presented...

  • RE: Code Formatting

    I've asked for a full documentation and I'll add these to the shortcuts on the left.

    We used the same algorithm in the blogs and articles, so we should support a...

  • RE: need backup strategy

    Which part? The multiple backups in one file? I'd say that it's a poor practice because are increasing your risk. Every file has the chance of corruption, bad blocks, something...

  • RE: Do DBAs Still Read Techincal Books?

    We're looking forward to seeing it on the front page here! I'm sure you'll have not shortage of good tech editors to spur you along.

  • RE: How to link Access/FoxPro database in SQL 2000

    The SQL Server needs to see that drive, and see if using the Service account running SQL Server. That is the account that will access the drive as a linked...

  • RE: need backup strategy

    mohit is correct.

    Expiration is for overwriting backups, like if you had multiple ones in a file. (which is a bad idea)

  • RE: number of indexes

    Out of curiosity, is this your main post table or something else?

    And which forum software do you use?

  • RE: number of indexes

    As Barry mentioned, the inserts/updates will affect performance. If the SELECTs are not being blocked by INSERT activity (which has to update each index) then you are probably OK.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    First poster in 24 hours, I win!

    Gail, any video?

  • RE: The Visit of the Recovery Testers.

    Nice one, Phil.

    Any support for transactions in the middle layer, should use the database. The issues of running it in the middle layer could potentially be communication issues in the...

Viewing 15 posts - 24,646 through 24,660 (of 39,919 total)