Viewing 15 posts - 19,276 through 19,290 (of 39,936 total)
inserted is a table created for a trigger with new values when you insert or update a row.
If you want the old value, you would create a trigger that actually...
July 8, 2010 at 5:38 pm
I like Tara's suggestion. If you are using DB1, let that do the work. If it's down, doesn't matter if DB2 does anything.
However, I would rather have you find some...
July 8, 2010 at 3:51 pm
SSIS can handle the import. The T-SQL part would deal with data once it was inside SQL Server. Basically
1. SSIS has a loop/file watcher to grab files and import them,...
July 8, 2010 at 3:24 pm
It is an interesting idea. Perhaps a specialized operator like this, adding in more choices for how to solve a particular set of problems is not enough of a boost...
July 8, 2010 at 2:46 pm
If you have a process now and want to automate it, you'll need to learn to program a bit. I wouldn't do this in .NET, but rather use SSIS. Some...
July 8, 2010 at 2:39 pm
I'd agree it's coming. Not sure that it is ready for SQL 11. The deep dives I saw on PDW recently were impressive, but with lots, and lots of caveats...
July 8, 2010 at 2:29 pm
I hadn't heard of load balancing in SQL 11. The PDW edition is locked down well, and I wonder if they would be able to mature/test it by SQL 11,...
July 8, 2010 at 2:11 pm
I certainly didn't. I was thinking a Dodgers/Rockies race. AZ/SD in last.
July 8, 2010 at 2:03 pm
It depends on how the update is submitted. Lots of applications use parameters and an sp_executesql call.
You might need to look at the activity from this connection before this statement.
July 8, 2010 at 1:49 pm
Rocks in a thriller a few days ago. 15 innings. Managed to win, but not gaining much ground in the NL West.
July 8, 2010 at 1:37 pm
SQL Server does have read only, concurrent access on a SAN (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345392.aspx)
There is, as mentioned, no concurrent read/write access to multiple databases. Even the Parallel Data Warehouse spreads the load...
July 8, 2010 at 1:25 pm
Sorry, you also need to define what you mean by "check"? How does SQL Server know when the policy fails?
July 4, 2010 at 7:18 pm
Please put your question in the post, not the subject. It cuts off and can't be read.
July 4, 2010 at 7:18 pm
I don't know about the XML spreadsheet, but you can use the Export data wizard to export to an Excel 2003 format. You can write a query to put data...
July 4, 2010 at 5:18 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,276 through 19,290 (of 39,936 total)