Viewing 15 posts - 19,291 through 19,305 (of 39,936 total)
You have to trust your administrators. You can contract with them, bond them, have them liable for things, but ultimately you must trust them
July 4, 2010 at 5:15 pm
As mentioned it doesn't matter. Don't worry about FKs ordering when putting columns in the table.
July 4, 2010 at 5:13 pm
I would second Gail's advice
Here's an idea, be sure you read the discussion for the article as well: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Stored+Procedures/67055/
July 4, 2010 at 4:17 pm
I second Gail's advice. This is a bad idea, and can cause problems if there are hiccups. It is not worth it, IMHO.
July 4, 2010 at 4:16 pm
I would second homebrew01's method. That is a good way to get this saved as a job/script and learn something.
July 4, 2010 at 4:15 pm
What do you mean "novell"? Do you have an NDS authentication scheme?
If you can authenticate with Windows, you can add a login to SQL Server Express suing Windows authentication, and...
July 4, 2010 at 4:13 pm
You absolutely have to protect the data, which means many things.
However I'm not sure you need to move it all into SQL Server databases. What you should do is help...
July 3, 2010 at 11:33 am
You might be surprised. No one in the US thought they would work, but even small cities have gotten 60-80 people to come out for a Sat. Often we use...
July 3, 2010 at 11:26 am
ALTER DATABASE command to set to online mode.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/ms174269%28v=SQL.90%29.aspx
July 3, 2010 at 11:05 am
BTW, any of you regulars need an MSDN 2010 subscription? Got a few in the mail. 12 month for dev/test, includes Office 2010.
PM me if you're interested.
July 3, 2010 at 10:58 am
A full day pre-con is 6 hours. Not a huge stretch if you've done 4, could be hard if you've never done more than 2. However, if you want, I'd...
July 3, 2010 at 10:56 am
The packages are stored in msdb, just like jobs, so they'll be there.
However, if you have coded in a server name instead of (local) or 127.0.0.1, then they might need...
July 2, 2010 at 4:13 pm
I agree with you Jeff. We could only pick from what was submitted, but some of the feedback that I've given is that we ought to be able to review...
July 2, 2010 at 3:48 pm
How's this:
select
Fname
, LName
, Mname
from Employee e
LEFT OUTER JOIN Timekeep t
ON e.employee.id = t.timekeep.id
WHERE t.dept <> 'TRY'...
July 2, 2010 at 3:09 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,291 through 19,305 (of 39,936 total)