Viewing 15 posts - 19,261 through 19,275 (of 39,936 total)
Let me know when you come out. Reds in town for a Mon afternoon game. Love to come down and shake hands for the game.
Big series with SD this weekend....
July 9, 2010 at 10:53 am
I think SP is built that way. The guys that built SMS moved on, and tried to be "dynamic" in every way, and random naming is how they solved the...
July 9, 2010 at 10:51 am
Alvin Ramard (7/9/2010)
CirquedeSQLeil (7/9/2010)
Alvin will soon be making a christmas soon that involves flux capacitors, pork chops, and bears
Did you mean a Christmas song? I could probably write one,...
July 9, 2010 at 10:50 am
There's also Jason's scripts from this article: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/sp_who2/70222/
Or you might check into WhoIsActive: http://sqlblog.com/blogs/adam_machanic/archive/2009/03/30/who-is-active-v8-40-now-with-delta-power.aspx
July 9, 2010 at 10:39 am
Nice notes. We'd love this as a one page article, describing the problem, how you solved it, how it works, if you're interested.
In terms of the question, I'm not sure...
July 9, 2010 at 10:34 am
It was interesting to query things. Fortunately SSMS has that row number thing on the left to help with the counting 🙂
July 9, 2010 at 10:31 am
What do you mean it only lets you migrate to Access? Can you set this as a source in SSIS?
July 9, 2010 at 10:23 am
I would question that is has to run as "sa", but I wouldn't be surprised. The developers at MS do make shortcuts, and it could be hard coded.
However it also...
July 9, 2010 at 10:19 am
dbowlin (7/9/2010)
I am not sure whether to attach a 🙂 or a...
July 9, 2010 at 10:07 am
Short week.
My wife said she was glad we made it to Friday this week. Since we were in Vegas M-Thur am, I was surprised. Started to comment, decided to "smile...
July 9, 2010 at 10:05 am
Actually I can't count. But I can query.
3 times in Feb 2010, 1 time today 😛
July 9, 2010 at 10:04 am
I thought this was interesting, especially after previous auditing solutions were one way or the other (never shut down/always shut down). Good to be able to set up some audits...
July 9, 2010 at 9:59 am
You can still record the events locally on DB2. Detect them, store them in a local table on the db server, with a timestamp, and then query that from DB1....
July 9, 2010 at 9:56 am
I think Alvin has pondered that quite often. He's used "Flux Capacitor" four times this year in this thread.
July 9, 2010 at 9:53 am
I like the last suggestion. Set the column to null, only update if it's null. That will also tell you if the value has ever been updated.
July 9, 2010 at 9:28 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,261 through 19,275 (of 39,936 total)