Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 19,066 through 19,080 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Joe seems to pop in once or twice a year here, with about the same reception.

    He actually is a very nice man in person. Kind of a reference-shock if you've...

  • RE: Sudden denial of permissions

    It is possible. Perhaps run dbcc on the db? It will check system tables.

    If you have a new db with same permissions, can you do a join to the...

  • RE: Incompetent or Malicious

    CA, VA, CO, all have at-will employment. Always been hard to let people go in my companies.

  • RE: Sudden denial of permissions

    Interesting, perhaps someone has issued a deny on system tables? People need those in 2000 for quite a few things.

  • RE: Incompetent or Malicious

    Until Red Gate, I had always worked at "at will" employment places. Still didn't prevent HR from being scared to terminate people.

  • RE: LastUpdate Date/time stamp

    One advantage of another table is you get some "history" as well. You can see who changed it when. If you do this, you might also think about periodically archiving...

  • RE: Sudden denial of permissions

    Crazy.

    After you test, what I'd also do is remove the user explicitly and make sure they're not in any other groups from Windows. Then let them connect through the group...

  • RE: Sudden denial of permissions

    I am confused. I would follow Brian's suggestion and trace the excel and Access connections, trying to select from the same object.

    There has to be something weird going on? Case...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Gus is in FL, right? I'll keep my ears open.

  • RE: LastUpdate Date/time stamp

    Glad it's working, and you are welcome.

    I believe some other products fire the trigger for each row, so you have to know your RDBMS. This is a common issue that...

  • RE: what laptop do you use?

    I'll chime in with another note for Dell. I have a 17" Dimension laptop, circa 2002, that still runs fine. The battery is shot and the internal radio is whacked,...

  • RE: exam 70-432 question out of left field

    Thanks for the edit. Actual exam questions are not allowed. However if there is a concept that you did not understand, you can ask about the subject, just not the...

  • RE: Incompetent or Malicious

    The US is very litigious, but I don't think that extends to employment very often, sexual harassment being the most prominent, maybe race/age discrimination.

    However HR departments are very conservative here...

  • RE: upgrading from 2000 enterprise to 2005 standard

    I would agree with the advice for 2008. I'm not sure it makes sense to go to 2005 as support is already waning on that product (it's 2010, 5 years...

  • RE: TSQL

    Jeff is correct. Triggers only respond to actions, not inactions.

    A job with a check is what I'd do.

Viewing 15 posts - 19,066 through 19,080 (of 39,936 total)