Viewing 15 posts - 19,081 through 19,095 (of 39,936 total)
A couple things:
- Windows auth or sql auth?
- Are you sure the Excel connection is hitting the right VM? Could there be multiple copies out there? Or a naming...
July 20, 2010 at 5:08 pm
It's not emergency mode. There's no such thing. There is an emergency status for a database, but you are confusing the issue if you call this emergency mode. It's single...
July 20, 2010 at 4:42 pm
Query Analyzer is a SQL 2000 product, not a SQL 2008 one. Are you using SQL 2008?
If you run SSMS you have different panes. Some of these panes make separate...
July 20, 2010 at 4:24 pm
I would use mirroring. It's easier to maintain for sure. A little more complex to understand, but not what I'd call really complex. It will keep things in sync for...
July 20, 2010 at 4:20 pm
I am sure it will evolve, but I have no information as to when it will get included in the product.
July 20, 2010 at 4:14 pm
It's not a big deal, but if you use the wrong terminology it becomes hard for us to understand each other.
If you have more questions, feel free to ask.
July 20, 2010 at 4:13 pm
You would have to check the server hardware configuration for the controllers. If it's software RAID, it would be in the Manage dialog for Windows.
July 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm
I don't think that PASS would stop a SQL Saturday in Jan/Feb, or even Mar. Apr/May I can see being an issue.
July 20, 2010 at 3:52 pm
That's a good question. I think the partition would have to already exist in the production Db to do the restore, and I'm not sure how timing/integrity fits in here.
You...
July 20, 2010 at 1:23 pm
I bought a Lenovo W510, widescreen. I think it's great, though a little $$$
I had a Toshiba Qosmio before, which was great value, but I had some issues and CS...
July 20, 2010 at 1:22 pm
If you slide to early Dec, I will try to come.
July 20, 2010 at 1:20 pm
Not this October I hope. The schedule is already crowded. With Columbia, Orlando, SLC, KC, and PASS in Nov, it's a very busy time for speakers. I'd shoot for early...
July 20, 2010 at 1:11 pm
That seems like a good week for a SQL Saturday (hint, hint)
July 20, 2010 at 1:06 pm
The issues are the ones that I have mentioned. If you depend on client tools or SSIS, or any non instance-aware service, or on the default instance, it could be...
July 20, 2010 at 12:10 pm
I've updated the question to mark the last answer, none, as wrong.
July 20, 2010 at 12:04 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 19,081 through 19,095 (of 39,936 total)