Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 19,051 through 19,065 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Incompetent or Malicious

    Certainly didn't seem like a Buddhist way of handling an issue in the story 😛

    I think you want this LUN: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_Unit_Number

  • RE: Index Types

    cengland0 (7/22/2010)


    I don't subscribe to the logic that if it's on BOL, it must be true. If you want to include sub index types, you could include Ascending and...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    BOL should be a standard reference. You can add "community content" to items as well as submit a Connect Item if you wish.

  • RE: Redgate's SQL backup vs Idera's SQL Safe

    Interesting. I think that Idera has been ahead of Red Gate here, but the purchase of Hyperbac might have swung the balance a bit. Object Recovery and Virtual Restore are...

  • RE: rsAccessDenied on Reports Manager

    User Access control. Built into Vista and Windows 7

  • RE: Self-Service vs. Managed BI

    kpatrick (7/22/2010)


    SIf a user pulls their own data themselves, how likely are they to test their results rigorously before proceeding to distribute the report?

    It's a coin flip, but I'd like...

  • RE: Talking baseball

    I have learned to always turn my back going back to first, whether walking or diving. Playing first, I see balls thrown low by the pitcher constantly, and even a...

  • RE: Self-Service vs. Managed BI

    kpatrick (7/22/2010)


    ... Certainly there is a lot of tweaking involved, but why not take an agile or iterative approach?

    I think this is the idea behind PowerPivot and it's...

  • RE: Self-Service vs. Managed BI

    Dirk Wegener (7/22/2010)


    I think the selling point for the simple Excel and Access files is the ability to easily manipulate them.

    yeah, but how can those reports be trusted?! you...

  • RE: Self-Service vs. Managed BI

    Greg Edwards-268690 (7/22/2010)


    They found out that this 'creative' person had started with the SO Cycle Time detail, removing some data points, and presenting it as WO Cycle time. So for...

  • RE: SQL Server 2005 Resources Management

    Keep in mind this is for the whole server instance, not by user or job. So if you limit memory, you are limiting it for the entire instance and a...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    CirquedeSQLeil (7/21/2010)


    PaulB-TheOneAndOnly (7/21/2010)


    Lynn Pettis (7/21/2010)


    Just hope I don't come across like that when I post. Please, someone, hit me with the proverbial 2 x 4 if I ever start...

  • RE: Incompetent or Malicious

    I think I would like it better if people could get let go without so much documentation. It would still have to be for non-discriminatory reasons, but shouldn't require a...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    jcrawf02 (7/21/2010)


    Steve Jones - Editor (7/19/2010)


    I saw Fat Red's on Memphis Beat. Is that a real place?

    It was, but his sister killed him, so they closed it down...

    Wasn't that a...

  • RE: Raw Materials - Surface Area

    That's great.

Viewing 15 posts - 19,051 through 19,065 (of 39,936 total)