Viewing 15 posts - 19,021 through 19,035 (of 39,936 total)
Ahhh, if I could hide posts...
I regret not building this in early and forcing developers to re-implement it over the years.
July 26, 2010 at 8:36 am
Jim has a good explanation. In short
a) backup started
b) transaction committed (insert/update/delete)
c) backup complete.
Anything that happens before the backup is complete is included.
July 25, 2010 at 6:51 pm
I fail to see how read locks to a temp table or to a user are substantially different. Perhaps you can list? There are huge sites, places like MySpace, the...
July 25, 2010 at 11:01 am
I think doobya's approach can save performance if you do app checking since it's more scalable. The DB is a single, shared resource, and anytime you can move cycles off...
July 25, 2010 at 9:58 am
Mandating a specific account is a sign of a) poor securty and b) crappy development practice.
We used to use Patrol from BMC at a company, and while it required admin/sysadmin...
July 25, 2010 at 9:54 am
I could be a judge! Speedo under the black ghost cloak, pronouncing verdicts!
Too bad it's so hot in LV. My wife did not like that.
July 23, 2010 at 2:40 pm
Hopefully all speeches are written by then.
Usually I'm meeting people, or slipping into sessions to report on things, or trying to relax and catch up in the convention center. Add...
July 23, 2010 at 2:31 pm
Not sure. I would have thought that an error would come through, or the permissions dropped.
You ought to be able to script permissons for the old group, then apply...
July 23, 2010 at 1:44 pm
CirquedeSQLeil (7/23/2010)
David Webb-200187 (7/23/2010)
For the BBQ fans at PASS in Seattle, the Warthog in Fife, and the Ark in Northeast Tacoma (both about 35 minutes south) are worth a trip.
WOOT
4...
July 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm
Excellent points, jvanderberg. Often RI is there to prevent accidental mistakes, not malicious ones.
July 23, 2010 at 11:10 am
Good luck, Lynn, and hope it goes well.
July 23, 2010 at 11:09 am
SQLGuru Dance party? Tango lessons?
At the very least, anyone who attends can ask questions of TheSQLGuru and get some great answers.
July 23, 2010 at 11:02 am
VCS
Doing a Red Gate SQL Source Control demo today. I think this is a very cool product.
http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql_source_control/index.htm
July 23, 2010 at 10:14 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,021 through 19,035 (of 39,936 total)