Viewing 15 posts - 19,006 through 19,020 (of 39,936 total)
I think you're confused. There's no such thing as standby mode.
If the server is not being used, it's just not being used. It's not in standby mode. You would take...
July 26, 2010 at 12:56 pm
What is standby? There is no status for a database as standby (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms190442.aspx)
Is this a part of replication? Mirroring? something else?
A database needs to be online in order to take...
July 26, 2010 at 12:40 pm
What do you mean by standby database?
July 26, 2010 at 12:32 pm
I hope so. The first item is people finding people that are in similar situations as you are.
July 26, 2010 at 12:31 pm
I'm not sure what happened, but I have added back the last code snippet and final para.
July 26, 2010 at 12:07 pm
I think both are great. The developers at MS can help you understand how things work, and why. And you can influence them to perhaps think about how you use...
July 26, 2010 at 11:28 am
Michael Valentine Jones (7/26/2010)
July 26, 2010 at 10:54 am
That's why I leave my phone upstairs, or down, sometimes when I need to write and think.
We've also turned ours off at offsite meetings, which has helped.
July 26, 2010 at 10:09 am
1434 UCP is needed for named instances unless you specifically set ports for them.
If you choose other ports, and you can. We have used 51433 in the past. You...
July 26, 2010 at 10:06 am
I think you'd do
exec xp_cmdshell 'del ' + @file + ' /Q'
xp_cmdshell is seen a security risk. I'd set a proxy, and limit the rights of this account to just...
July 26, 2010 at 9:11 am
This should depend on your regional settings, but I wouldn't be surprised if all checks on this return 1.
July 26, 2010 at 9:05 am
We can only hope it will....:w00t:
July 26, 2010 at 8:59 am
Wow, you are on a roll. Very nice.
Makes me think I need to get writin' a bit more.
July 26, 2010 at 8:39 am
Brandie Tarvin (7/26/2010)
Jeff Moden (7/24/2010)
Steve Jones - Editor (7/23/2010)
Speedo under the black ghost cloak...GAH!!!! Now I have to jab out my mind's-eye!
Here, Jeff! Grab this bottle of Brain Bleach!
The...
July 26, 2010 at 8:37 am
Viewing 15 posts - 19,006 through 19,020 (of 39,936 total)