Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 19,036 through 19,050 (of 39,936 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I think the thread went a little sideways since the same advice was thrown out there. Get help. I can understand that is a little overwhelming. For people that don't...

  • RE: ROWE

    WolforthJ (7/23/2010)


    Steve Jones - Editor (7/23/2010)


    It can be hard to stop working as well.

    Hmm, never had that problem. 😉

    I bet you have. At least some times. If you're here...

  • RE: ROWE

    TravisDBA (7/23/2010)


    Every manager I have ever asked about ROWE did not like it. Here is what some of them had to say about ROWE:

    [\quote]

    I think your managers are confusing telecommuting...

  • RE: Top Ten Reasons to Attend the 2010 PASS Community Summit

    The code is good through the first day of the PASS Summit. You can always use it. The discount is $200 now, it was $100 earlier, and applies to the...

  • RE: Backup scenario

    shravani.gandhey (7/20/2010)


    The information provided by me is not clear.Could you please expalain me clearly?

    What's not clear? Are you talking to the OP or people who answered?

    "Provided by me" means...

  • RE: ROWE

    OCTom (7/23/2010)


    Jusr what we need. Another acronym. 😛

    Steve, you mentioned that it can be difficult. What about ROWE can be difficult?

    A few things.

    First, as much as you might not think...

  • RE: Auditing Foundation

    I couldn't think of another plausible real item, so I came up with SQL Traps.

    Great explanation from OCTom.

  • RE: Index Types

    I've added my vote as well and will drop it on Twitter to scrounge for votes.

  • RE: I Can't Understand Why This is Slow

    I'd agree that we need more information. Table defs, some sample data, indexes. It's too hard to guess at what could be going on. Don't forget that with larger joins...

  • RE: ?? After Rebuild!! I need to backlog with truncate and shinkfile but got the error "database in use". Why not???

    Why isn't the space enough? You need it to log the imports, regardless of whether you shrink.

    Also shrinking means that you are introducing fragmentation, and undoing much of the reindexing....

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I'm done with indexes and games for today. No BBQ, but I did make some gazpacho today.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I tend to agree with you, Gail, but a reference is a reference for purposes of discussion.

    I do think this is a thorny issue. Would welcome debate, and a Connect...

  • RE: Index Types

    BOL certainly isn't consistent, and we did submit a few changes for them to make the version pages more consistent.

    These two are certainly at odds with the other one. However...

  • RE: Remote Backup

    You can easily do this on ServerA with a command line call. Server A is a client of server B, so they can use SQLCMD -E -S "ServerB" -Q "Backup...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I added a note in the QOD as well, since I don't view BOL as "true", but as a reference.

Viewing 15 posts - 19,036 through 19,050 (of 39,936 total)