Viewing 15 posts - 18,991 through 19,005 (of 39,936 total)
If this is for DR, you might not want to have this automated to that level. A DR server potentially will have a different name, different IP addressing, different drive...
July 27, 2010 at 9:15 am
I would second a look at replication
If you don't want that, you would have to run a script on each server to add the stored procedure. You can script that...
July 27, 2010 at 9:10 am
You can script everything with a right click/Generate script.
But I think Lowell's method might be the quickest way to do this and easier to edit if you need to.
July 27, 2010 at 9:09 am
Five no-nos this year.
Might be a record year at this pace.
July 27, 2010 at 9:07 am
jcrawf02 (7/27/2010)
Anybody see A-Team? Seems to be exiting the theaters in a hurry.
My wife and son saw it and loved it. Said it was non-stop action and funny.
July 27, 2010 at 9:05 am
I would also look at perhaps changing the fillfactor a bit to leave more free space, and perhaps limit page splits.
July 27, 2010 at 9:03 am
If it has different IP addressing, I think you can move the endpoint to a new address.
July 27, 2010 at 9:02 am
There is no undo. Log software, as Scott mentioned, builds a reversing transaction, but it cannot undo the transaction.
Restore from backup to another system, and then copy the data back....
July 27, 2010 at 8:58 am
I use the same rule as defaults. Use them until you have a reason to use something else. If maintenance plans work, use them. If you need to go beyond...
July 27, 2010 at 8:57 am
You see see, or change it, here: http://www.mssqltips.com/tip.asp?tip=1583
July 27, 2010 at 8:51 am
You can definitely do it. I think that the world of databases needs a little maturity, something many young people don't have.
I know some great developers that are older, and...
July 26, 2010 at 5:25 pm
As I've learned to run and swim (yes, you learn how), I find that I get some great thinking time there. Driving as well.
July 26, 2010 at 4:58 pm
Don't use the Wizard. Add in each task you need, multiple copies as needed, and set them with precedence constraints.
July 26, 2010 at 2:27 pm
If the database is restoring, meaning you restored with the NORECOVERY option, you cannot take a backup.
July 26, 2010 at 1:12 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 18,991 through 19,005 (of 39,936 total)