Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,406 through 15,420 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Kiara (8/15/2011)


    Totally off topic - Grant, I'd like to mention a couple of RedGate tools (SQL compare and SQL data compare) in an upcoming presentation. Positively, of course - just...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    GilaMonster (8/15/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/15/2011)


    However I worked in IT as an intern. At a time when most of my friend made $5/hr or so, I was making $12...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Stefan Krzywicki (8/15/2011)


    He doesn't like tech and doesn't even know how to use Excel. He thinks he'll get enough money to live like a king.

    I worked in IT during summers...

  • RE: Keeping Your Soul

    WolforthJ (8/15/2011)


    The obvious problem is knowing what a soul is.

    In my mind, this is your ethical/moral boundary. I can't decide that for you, and different beliefs/religions/etc draw a different...

  • RE: Deprecated features

    OCTom (8/15/2011)


    I like the fact that the author spelled deprecated correctly. I'm tired of seeing it spelled depreciated. 🙂

    I think I depreciated the other answers 🙁

    Didn't check them, have gotten...

  • RE: Keeping Your Soul

    Mary.Stephens 54133 (8/15/2011)


    THANK YOU STEVE, I knew there was a reason I like you. Using ethics to make a decision far outweights the morally corrupt "ya, but it's not...

  • RE: Keeping Your Soul

    katesl (8/15/2011)


    If you have $75000 annual income ethical, no path to grow that income, and one-time opportunity for $1 million bonus not-so-ethical-- what would you do?

    No. Haven't had the $1mm,...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Stefan Krzywicki (8/15/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/15/2011)


    Grant Fritchey (8/15/2011)[/b

    What bothered me about it was that he wants to do it short term to make lots of money while he...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Grant Fritchey (8/15/2011)


    My bigger concern is that he hates technology. Good god, why do it if you just hate it. Especially if, you're actually not doing it yet. "I don't...

  • RE: a=b=c?

    Interesting, I'd never used ALL.

    You could wrap in ISNULL to handle NULLs, and return zero's instead (or some other value).

  • RE: a=b=c?

    If @a = @b-2 and @a = @c, then @b-2 = @c by the transitive property.

  • RE: When you have no documentation...

    Profiler is a great way to help. The other thing I'd suggest is that you start building documentation as you go. Note what you think tables are used for and...

  • RE: Maintaining ErrorLog For SOX Audits

    Jobs fail or don't run sometimes. There is no guarantee that a job restarted your server every day.

    I have had a few people claim the limit is 99 logs which...

  • RE: copy data

    The import/export wizard is the easiest way.

    There is no copy/paste function you can use. Any other method, outside of a third party tool, will be slightly more complicated.

Viewing 15 posts - 15,406 through 15,420 (of 39,921 total)