Viewing 15 posts - 15,391 through 15,405 (of 39,921 total)
cengland0 (8/16/2011)
August 16, 2011 at 10:05 am
I would expect you to use sp_change_log_shipping_secondary_primary (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms180034%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx) or sp_change_log_shipping_secondary_database (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177507%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx) to change the settings for the secondary server.
August 16, 2011 at 10:01 am
The easy way to do this is use the identity property.
You don't need to insert a value, SQL Server will calculate an incrementing value.
CREATE TABLE MyBigInt
(
MyID bigint IDENTITY(100000000000000,...
August 16, 2011 at 9:57 am
Thanks for the update. I believe for all OS versions, you need to log off and log on for new variables to appear. In your case, it would depend on...
August 15, 2011 at 6:16 pm
You shouldn't have to restart SQL Server.
An environment variable should be read when it's accessed. Depending on how you created it, it's possible that it needs a new logon...
August 15, 2011 at 5:29 pm
1. yes and no. I believe that RBS uses Filestream.
2. I think so, but I haven't implemented this. From my reading, you do.
August 15, 2011 at 4:57 pm
You do not need to reboot to run a package.
IIRC, the package is scheduled by it's internal GUID, not name, so if you re-created it, you need to rebuild the...
August 15, 2011 at 4:52 pm
In SQL Server we have the identity property, which is numeric only, actually integer only, and GUIDs.
How do you have an alphanumeric that increases? Does A1 increment to A2? Does...
August 15, 2011 at 4:50 pm
JamesMorrison (8/15/2011)
Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/15/2011)Certifications can help there, especially as some HR departments use them as a filter. When you get 100 resumes for a position, that's not...
August 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm
Stephen E. Cook (8/15/2011)
The same thing happens with Capitalism, but we admit it 🙂
Did you mean we "don't" admit it?
I think that's the case. At it's highest level, capitalism encourages...
August 15, 2011 at 4:41 pm
Some employers want you to be certified. There are some benefits for MS partners and that requires a certain # of certs. Sometimes that results in lower support costs or...
August 15, 2011 at 3:10 pm
jgoeson (8/15/2011)
....
In the end, we're...
August 15, 2011 at 10:28 am
I didn't have that issue on Win 7, but I'm not on a domain. If anything, I would guess it's a firewall or UAC limitation that kicked in, perhaps because...
August 15, 2011 at 10:20 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,391 through 15,405 (of 39,921 total)