Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 15,421 through 15,435 (of 39,921 total)

  • RE: Maintaining ErrorLog For SOX Audits

    First, even if you uncheck that box, I'm not sure SQL Server keeps an unlimited number of logs. I haven't found documentation and don't really want to restart an instance...

  • RE: Log shipping deleting log files too soon.

    Sorry, didn't realize you're posted that. Just so we're clear, you have log shipping set up on a primary and secondary server. The primary server (source) has logs set to...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (8/12/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/12/2011)


    Is anyone here working with, or struggling to

    - work in a complex development environment that does automated builds at high volumes (> 1x...

  • RE: Log shipping deleting log files too soon.

    I wouldn't think log shipping would require a restart. If you check the log shipping tables, are your settings changed?

  • RE: Talking baseball

    Ray K (8/12/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/12/2011)


    lots of the food isn't as great as what you can get a block or two outside the stadiums.

    After that game at...

  • RE: Log shipping deleting log files too soon.

    Have you checked the times on the servers? Make sure they're the same? I might look for some timing differences that cause things to delete. Even a few minutes over...

  • RE: How to read an open flat file

    It sounds like you are on the ball with this one. I'd do the copy, and not add the complexity or possible issues from the open file read.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Is anyone here working with, or struggling to

    - work in a complex development environment that does automated builds at high volumes (> 1x day)

    - handle complex continuous development or...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Roy Ernest (8/12/2011)


    Steve Jones - SSC Editor (8/12/2011)

    Once again I feel like I've let too much time go without writing a book 🙁

    Planning to write a book then? If so,...

  • RE: Shrink Database

    OK, this has gotten slightly out of hand and away from the purpose of the thread, which is discussion the question.

    I am closing the thread. The question had been edited,...

  • RE: How to read an open flat file

    If you have it working, I'd go with the copy and then read. Especially if it's out of your control to change the process.

    Alternatively, could you just read the data...

  • RE: Does SQL Server issue when we shut down windows/SQL Server ?

    Note that the SQL files should still be consistent after a restart, but it might take some time for them to come online, for the reasons Gail outlined.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Lynn Pettis (8/11/2011)


    Forever it won't dominate your destiny. Life there is after the dark side.

    I was going to wait until tomorrow night, but it is close enough.

    I am resigning...

  • RE: How to read an open flat file

    I would agree with Elliot. You are potentially asking for trouble here. How can you know what you're read, or more importantly, if anything's changed?

    I'd make a copy, if only...

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Brandie Tarvin (8/11/2011)


    I'm published again! "Tales We'll Tell Tomorrow" is the final chapter in the Shadowrun Street Legends sourcebook. It's a novelette this time and my editor loved my fight...

Viewing 15 posts - 15,421 through 15,435 (of 39,921 total)