Viewing 15 posts - 15,136 through 15,150 (of 39,921 total)
The article shows the sp_dropserver/sp_addserver, which is what you do on the SQL Server.
September 27, 2011 at 9:53 am
I took my son to game 3 when the Rockies went. Exciting game, exciting time, worth it for the memories, even though they lost
September 27, 2011 at 9:49 am
Stefan Krzywicki (9/27/2011)
No, I mean it is dangerous to assume anything and frequent checks are needed. When people are under pressure to improve performance by a certain set of metrics,...
September 27, 2011 at 8:48 am
I see it, I'll think about it. Bryant, if healthy, is my best receiver.
I need to do something. Frickin' Big Ben can't seem to get out of his way with...
September 27, 2011 at 8:44 am
sturner (9/27/2011)
Maybe someday you'll have one these PASS summits on the east coast so I can attend.:cool:
It's not my decision. I've argued for years it should be moved to...
September 27, 2011 at 8:41 am
Nothing I know of. Most companies I've worked on have had 2 or 3 schemes they used (often for dbs in full and simple), but there are times you have...
September 26, 2011 at 7:53 pm
The problem with documentation is that it will perpetually be out of date. And at the point that you need to reference something is when the process will have changed.
Ultimately...
September 26, 2011 at 2:38 pm
What do you mean by document? Or what do you need?
I've done a few things. First, always name the backup for the database, type, and date/time of the backup.
Adventureworks_full_201109260100.bak
That allows...
September 26, 2011 at 2:23 pm
Spent the weekend mostly doing misc chores and family stuff. Replaced a barn light, patched some cement, buried a irrigation hose, lots of work.
And unwired for the most part. Did...
September 26, 2011 at 2:15 pm
djackson 22568 (9/26/2011)
I am certain you are not saying to ignore large scale disaster possibilities. There are a lot more than shown on the graph you included.
Nope,...
September 26, 2011 at 11:32 am
Using scripts for changes is the best solution, hopefully scripts that someone else has looked at and include some error handling or checks for incorrect (or too many) changes to...
September 26, 2011 at 11:28 am
SQL Server queries the Windows host date/time. This is used for all it's internal time marking of events (trace, events, etc.) and it is returned by getdate() or SYSDATETIME()
September 26, 2011 at 11:25 am
What do you mean by modeling the extract and staging?
Staging is setting up tables that receive the data intermediately. You may or may not do this, but these tables usually...
September 26, 2011 at 7:25 am
Your sentence doesn't make sense. The SQL Server service account is the same Windows admin account that is running SQL?
It is possible to lock files/folders from Administrator. Just because...
September 26, 2011 at 7:09 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,136 through 15,150 (of 39,921 total)