Viewing 15 posts - 15,151 through 15,165 (of 39,921 total)
Search auditing on this site. We have numerous articles on the subject.
September 24, 2011 at 6:35 pm
The structure of the new system is set, correct? If you have purchased it, then you have a schema and objects.
Migrating the data from an old system or a warehouse...
September 24, 2011 at 6:34 pm
If you have this table:
create table mytable
( mychar nvarchar(4000)
, mytext ntext
)
then I can do this:
UPDATE dbo.mytable
SET mytext = mychar + CAST( mytext AS NVARCHAR(MAX))
That will concatenate the values...
September 24, 2011 at 6:32 pm
Typically you create a forwarder to move mail from one system to another. Or a rule.
Maybe this will help: https://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10957
September 24, 2011 at 6:25 pm
not a master reference, but here's some history: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Password_Safe
I want to say that I read about it in one of his books. It was an initiative to try and get...
September 24, 2011 at 6:23 pm
I haven't, but I also know a few security researchers find it secure. I don't have the time, nor the knowledge, to understand how to write a secure, strong encryption...
September 23, 2011 at 5:29 pm
Is there a chance there's a quota? Can you log in as the service account and test that way? It might help track things down.
Sorry for the delay in responding.
September 23, 2011 at 4:56 pm
Then it's not security. Is this valid on the SQL Server windows host?
C:\Program Files (x86)\WinRAR\unrar
September 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm
Did a file get created in the folder?
September 23, 2011 at 12:39 pm
GSquared (9/23/2011)
Grant Fritchey (9/23/2011)
The more I travel, the more...
September 23, 2011 at 12:38 pm
Log in as the service account and try to run the command.
Or run this:
xp_cmdshell 'dir > \\silverthrone\gadata\IPC\dir.txt'
That will tell you if you can write to that folder. Also, the...
September 23, 2011 at 12:32 pm
SQL Server doesn't need extra space. It needs the space of the files and if they exist there, then that's enough.
It's a security issue. It doesn't matter if you connect...
September 23, 2011 at 12:29 pm
How do you determine which one to keep? note that SQL doesn't order records, so the order you see from a SELECT ORDRBY FROM MYTABLE isn't necessarily what you'll always...
September 23, 2011 at 12:26 pm
Does the SQL engine have permissions to that folder? Or the proxy? This doesn't run under your account, but the SQL database engine service account (or proxy)
September 23, 2011 at 12:23 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 15,151 through 15,165 (of 39,921 total)