Viewing 15 posts - 15,121 through 15,135 (of 39,921 total)
Brandie Tarvin (9/28/2011)
Do not tempt me. I have done things like this before. @=)
Speaking of writing, follow this link if you like high fantasy and want to read a story...
September 28, 2011 at 9:26 am
Once the iSCSI disks are attached, the procedures for both of these are available in books online or on the web. I would suggest searching for them.
September 28, 2011 at 7:20 am
You'll need to grow tempdb to gain a little space for the growth operation.
You can restart SQL Server as well to clear the tempdb db and recreate it.
September 28, 2011 at 7:19 am
Easiest way is to backup and restore as a new database (new name), delete the data in each database you don't need.
If you do this regularly, you need to build...
September 28, 2011 at 7:16 am
Brandie Tarvin (9/28/2011)
SQL Kiwi (9/28/2011)
WayneS (9/27/2011)
• ...
September 28, 2011 at 7:08 am
Do you mean "can I" technically, in that will it work? Or "can I" license-wise?
The former is yes: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms143393%28v=SQL.100%29.aspx
The latter is no, not without a cost. Even with software assurance,...
September 27, 2011 at 8:53 pm
It would depend on the deletes. The extents could be reused, and dropped out on deletes, but if you deleted a page or two out of each extent, I'm not...
September 27, 2011 at 8:48 pm
Might look at Glenn Berry's diag queries as well: http://www.sqlservercentral.com/blogs/glennberry/archive/2011/09/27/september-2011-sql-server-2008-instance-level-diagnostic-queries.aspx
September 27, 2011 at 8:45 pm
With Profiler/trace you'll see all the activity, but that doesn't show you what changed. Without a trace from before, it's hard to know.
What I'd do is grab the statement...
September 27, 2011 at 8:45 pm
I do see some MVPs posting about their work with Azure and asking questions about how things function and when changes are coming. Not sure what I can disclose about...
September 27, 2011 at 8:35 pm
WayneS (9/27/2011)
September 27, 2011 at 8:28 pm
On a completely unrelated, and sideways note, anyone seen Khan Academy? http://www.khanacademy.org/
Pretty cool. Watched a few basic algebra videos. Might be nice for kids, or even parents trying to help...
September 27, 2011 at 4:48 pm
Evil Kraig F (9/27/2011)
I don't.
On a side note, looks...
September 27, 2011 at 4:46 pm
Maybe everyone's reading The Thread and not posting. :w00t::-P
Might take awhile for the rest of the site to catch up to this page
September 27, 2011 at 4:29 pm
SQLRNNR (9/27/2011)
GilaMonster (9/27/2011)
Enough? Please????For a minute I thought this was a dup post;-)
I think if Gail could have, she might have dupped the dupes a few more times 😉
September 27, 2011 at 11:18 am
Viewing 15 posts - 15,121 through 15,135 (of 39,921 total)