An Awesome Job

• Comments posted to this topic are about the item An Awesome Job

• Awesome editorial.. 😉

It really hits the spot in reminding us all how much our own mindset and view on the world influence ourself, but also all the people around us.

• I think this editorial was pretty awesome, thanks :).

/@devandreas

• Cool editorial, love it 🙂

M&M

• Great editorial. I love the word awesome - it always makes me smile when one of my children uses the word to describe something they have just enjoyed. Thinking in those terms it can only be beneficial to think in this way.

Yesterday my son lost his first tooth - he was worried about being one of the last in his class to lose any so it was a very big deal. Last night the tooth fairy left a coin under his pillow. His reaction this morning was just awesome, put a smile on my face, and will hopefully make me feel good for most of the day.:-D

• Wow - what a reminder. Thanks Steve. So far today that editorial is awesome! Made me think a little more about whats good in my life. Health, family and a job.

• Interesting.

I think if we all spent a little time identifying the awesome in our days, we could probably map out how we'd like to live our lives.

I'm not talking about "I watched an awesome film, I should just watch films all day for ever" type awesome, of course, but more subtle things.

For example, recently I've been creating an iPhone game and I get more awesome moments with that than with my day job as a SQL dude. So, I'm trying to switch things so I can be a game developer full time. Of course, I use SQL as the data store for my games 🙂

• When a person (typically young kids) use the word awesome and you can tell by the look on their face they really mean it. Playing golf with my 10 year old son on an 87 degree day in Minnesota in October!!!! Actually just being with my son is the awesome part. The rest is just dressing.

<><
    Livin' down on the cube farm. Left, left, then a right.

• Thanks, everyone.

My awesome thing yesterday? Took my son to the start of a tennis class, but it was canceled (no notice, grrr) because he was the only one in it. It was a little windy, but around 75F in Denver last night. He said, "well, we can just hit some balls if you like." I was going to work, but left the laptop in the car and grabbed a racket and got a nice 45 min banging balls with my 12 year old.

That little comment was an awesome thing.

For him, it was a nice job on a math quiz. Knew the answers and it was an easy one for him.

• Michael Lysons (10/5/2011)

For example, recently I've been creating an iPhone game and I get more awesome moments with that than with my day job as a SQL dude. So, I'm trying to switch things so I can be a game developer full time. Of course, I use SQL as the data store for my games 🙂

When you get that thing in the App store, it will be an awesome day. Let me know what it happens.

• Great editorial, Steve. It seems that just reading your comments has already had a positive impact on our day - thanks for that extra nudge in the right direction!!

• Actually this web site is one of the awesome things about my job every day. I can share in discussions, answer questions and get questions answered and even be entertained right here.

:hehe::cool::w00t:;-):-P:-D:-)

The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival.

• Good article, Steve. It reminds me of what I read on the front page of yesterday's USA Today. It described the increase in the number of desperate people requesting any job at all on Craigslist. I know I've complained some about my job on these boards, the lack of training, not being allowed to attend conferences/seminars/whatever; but at the end of the day, I've got a job. Thank God for that! Both your article and the article I saw on the USA Today, makes me realize once again how thankful I am, to be employed.

Kindest Regards, Rod Connect with me on LinkedIn.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply