Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 13,878 total)
I've not used geography:, but perhaps this post is a similar issue?
March 28, 2024 at 12:43 pm
Phil Parkin wrote:Did you try Jonathan's code?
Jonathan's code works only for 3 falculty members. The op will "settle" for up to 20.
At no point did I suggest that Jonathan's code...
March 27, 2024 at 2:28 pm
Maybe the application settings for SQL within the Application is different than what I'm running in SSMS
That was my first thought. You should check this.
March 27, 2024 at 1:47 pm
There must be a more elegant way of doing this, but I ran out of time. This appears to work with the existing data:
WITH filtered
AS (SELECT p1.Code
...
March 27, 2024 at 10:49 am
Looks promising, but I haven't used it.
You need to start doing some R&D.
Once you figure out how to code the REST calls you need, whacking that code into SSIS isn't...
March 27, 2024 at 9:41 am
Did you try Jonathan's code?
March 27, 2024 at 9:35 am
As far as I know, C# cannot do this conversion natively.
NitroPDF does not appear to have an API, so its functions cannot be called from other applications. You'll have to...
March 27, 2024 at 8:45 am
Here's a possible way. It assumes that if a hyphen appears anywhere in the underlying text string, it must mean that the string is a negative number.
DROP...
March 26, 2024 at 12:18 pm
I've made the test data generation a little more user-friendly (and changed the 'Code' for the second set of data to differentiate from the first)
DROP TABLE IF...
March 26, 2024 at 11:43 am
ok noted about TEXT - thank you
So would I be good to temporarily store my figure in a VARCHAR(50) ?
Thanks
G
Probably larger than you need, but should be fine.
March 26, 2024 at 11:30 am
oh one more quick question - what size should I make the VARCHAR datatpe that will hold the decimal value my temp table? Or would TEXT datatype do the...
March 26, 2024 at 9:56 am
If using SQL Agent ...
One way is to create a log table and log the errors there and then make sure that the Agent job fails if one or more...
March 25, 2024 at 8:47 pm
Can I ask how I could achieve notifications of errors during this translation?
What automation tool will you be using for this process?
March 25, 2024 at 6:33 pm
i have many values in the data - should i just get rid of DECIMAL datatype and use VARCHAR instead? Are there any dangers of doing this?
No danger at...
March 25, 2024 at 2:46 pm
What tool are you using to import? Can it 'look for' trailing minus signs and move them to be leading as part of the import?
Or perhaps you will have to...
March 25, 2024 at 2:10 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 13,878 total)