How to import updated records from XML files into SQL Database?

• Hello everyone,

So from last few weeks I was trying to design a SSIS package that would read some XML files that I have and move the data from it to the multiple tables I want.

These file contains different nodes like <Individual> (parent node) and <Address>, <Alias>, <Articles> (all child nodes of Individual) etc.

Data in those files look like this:

<Individuals>
    <Individual>
    <UniqueID>1001</UniqueID>
    <Name>Ben</Name>
    <Soft_Delete>N</Soft_Delete>
    <Soft_Delete_Date>NULL</Soft_Delete_Date>
    </Individual>
    <Addresses>
    <Address>
    <Address_Line_1>House no 280</Address_Line_1>
    <Address_Line_2>NY</Address_Line_2>
    <Country>US</Country>
    </Address>
    <Address>
    <Address_Line_1>street 100</Address_Line_1>
    <Address_Line_2>California</Address_Line_2>
    <Country>US</Country>
    </Address>
    </Addresses>
    </Individuals>

I was successful in designing it and now I have a different task.

The files I had were named like this: Individual_1.xml,Individual_2.xml,Individual_3.xml etc.

Now I have received some new files which are named like this:

Individual_UPDATE_20220716.xml,Individual_UPDATE_20220717.xml,Individual_UPDATE_20220718.xml,Individual_UPDATE_20220720.xml etc

Basically these files contains the updated information of previously inserted records

OR

There are totally new records

For example:

A record or a particular information like Address of an Individual was Soft Deleted.

Now I am wondering how would I design or modify my current SSIS package to update the data from these new files into my database?

Any guidance would be appreciated....

Thank you...

• This topic was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Jobs90312.
  • Seems that a good architecture for you would be to push the imported data into (truncated) staging tables and then execute one or more procs which MERGE the staged data into the final tables.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Suliman wrote:

Try SmartXML, it's very easy to upload data into DB with it.

This looks suspiciously like spam. To prove yourself, please explain the interaction between this product and SQL Server and how you would go about solving this problem.

If you haven't even tried to resolve your issue, please don't expect the hard-working volunteers here to waste their time providing links to answers which you could easily have found yourself.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• Please stop spamming. This is not the forum for that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply