Viewing 15 posts - 7,966 through 7,980 (of 59,098 total)
Jeff -itย needed to be said, but we are f1 AND web search rolled into one......
Heh... I guess that's true in a lot of cases.ย You would think that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 11:57 pm
Thank you for the extremely kind and generous words but we have a difference in languages and understanding here.ย I've "talked" with Brahmanand through other methods and he is a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 11:44 pm
>> I don't think I was particularly snarky.
THAT, good Sir, is the crux of the problem. ๐
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 7:05 pm
I just asked someone else in this thread:
What would be a good way to get presenters to record their presentation the day before they gave it?
Not sure that's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Don't put your face in them. I stopped recording videos about 9 months ago. I'm going to get back on it, but change the format a bit. No more...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 6:59 pm
Production DB is (RTPOneReporting) DB Owner is 'sa'
Cross database ownership chaining is NOT enabled.
My repository DB is (JHMRReporting) DB Owner is 'dbo'
Cross database ownership chaining is NOT enabled.
My sp,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 6:57 pm
Hi,
Assuming you have to add 3 columns with data to the existing 5million row table.
Following is the approach which you can use -
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 3:17 pm
Why not just generate GUIDs?ย With the dashes, they're 36 bytes in length when converted to CHAR.ย Without the dashes, they're 32.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 3:11 pm
Finally, issue is fixed which was a silly and it's done. ๐
OK, so what was the "silly" fix you employed?
I'll also state that it's a shame that you're resorting...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 2:55 pm
Sharpen up your resume, find a trustworthy "jobber" type of recruiter (they'll want to interview you to ensure you're worth your salt in SQL and/or DataAnalysis), and then let them...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 4:30 am
Hi Team,
We get xls file every day with so many sheets in it. I need to validate only the sheet named with current year. In this case, it is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 3:39 am
Hi,
I have below requirement. Please advise how to achieve that with BCP or any other tool
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 2:49 am
Change is change. Whether its better or not is something we have to evaluate, test, experiment with, and decide. I worry about people getting caught up in thinking we...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 2:30 am
And I also recommend normalizing databases ..Wow! Seriously, I do not like using a data model that is hundreds of years old and based on Roman numerals. O probably...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 7, 2020 at 1:27 am
Consider the following article while you're at it. ๐
https://www.sqlservercentral.com/editorials/the-art-of-commenting
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 6, 2020 at 3:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,966 through 7,980 (of 59,098 total)