Viewing 15 posts - 7,951 through 7,965 (of 59,098 total)
Unzipping files is natively available in .NET, so there should be no need to install additional software.
See here for more info.
I was thinking the same and there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 8:02 pm
I know I don't have to check on the CLR thing... I don't use them. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 7:59 pm
Unzipping files is natively available in .NET, so there should be no need to install additional software.
See here for more info.
Just to be sure, my solution didn't include...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 5:06 pm
This is why I moved away from SSIS and ACE for spreadsheets with mixed data (ie numeric and alphanumeric) in the same column,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 5:02 pm
Jeff, thank you for taking the time to write all of this stuff out.
Importing from Excel using SSIS is almost always a massive pain, so I am going to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Heh... can you put the Create Table statement back in?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 5:02 am
Your test data only has one person per group.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 4:52 am
I have to tell you that if you work with the right recruiter, you don't have to worry about AI HR bots, HR people, or whatever. A lot of people...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 4:40 am
p.p.s. Almost forgot. Sheet names that are weird or begin with a numeric digit must be encapsulated in single quotes along with the normal square brackets. For example the sheet...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 4:33 am
Hey, Jeff, will you update this yet again to include the new split_string() function in SQL Server 2016+?
Probably not. The STRING_SPLIT function is relatively crippled for those that need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 3:33 am
p.s. If the OP has a spreadsheet with just one header row, we'll need to do a little work but not much. We'll make it so it's self-healing just like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 2:57 am
Ok... Demo time.
The first thing is to unzip and copy the spreadsheets from the attached SpreadSheets.zip file to the directory of your choice. If the directory is something other than...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 2:33 am
Actually, skip all of that. Most of it just doesn't matter. I'll be back soon with a demo from the presentation I give on the subject of "Automating "Excel Hell"".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 1:23 am
Finally, issue is fixed which was a silly and it's done. 🙂
OK, so what was the "silly" fix you employed?
I'll also state that it's a shame that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 12:22 am
I declared a variable to hold the file to pass to send mail task. I had a given a value like 'The value is generated by scrip task' ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 8, 2020 at 12:20 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,951 through 7,965 (of 59,098 total)