Viewing 15 posts - 7,831 through 7,845 (of 59,098 total)
...I am convinced that this is a personality type issue. Really good DBAs almost always have this very annoying attitude. Members of the development team--something very different from...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2020 at 5:02 pm
I would like to defend myself, just a little. I didn't say surrender completely. I said, surrender, just a little. A lot of our peers see our rants about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2020 at 4:15 pm
I agree, David. In fact, IIRC, I believe it was you I quoted about being an Exceptional DBA. Something like "When it comes to database problems, if you are the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2020 at 8:22 am
Man! You are so right! This is going to be totally liberating for me!
To commemorate my new found joyous method for doing my job without being a bottleneck, I've...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2020 at 5:19 am
Along with what Grant has stated and since they said it did "regular" SQL Backups, have them do a test restore using native tools only to prove it's a regular...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 30, 2020 at 12:10 am
To add to what Grant has stated, I agree that "new" voices are a bonus on any forum but I have seen some "new" people come in with some answers...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2020 at 11:58 pm
Hi Jeff,
1. How many "records" does each file have. An average will be fine.
=> about 2000 per File
2. You said previously that all of the files are formatted the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2020 at 4:24 pm
Could someone recommend me how to make the query faster?
Yes, but we need more information. Please Read'n'Heed the article at the second link in my signature line below for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 29, 2020 at 4:09 pm
Hi,
thank you for this Informations!
At night, the flat files from around 500 customers arrive on an FTP - Step by Step. The SSIS job currently starts at 08:00 AM...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 28, 2020 at 8:57 pm
Heh... it's funny. I was going to suggest the same things about the method I use. I maintain the adjacency list (with a detector to prevent loops) and regen the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 28, 2020 at 2:40 pm
I'm one of those folks that Phil is speaking of. He's correct about BCP but BULK INSERT is the fastest and, done correctly, it's nasty fast. A BCP format file...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 28, 2020 at 2:24 pm
hey,
hold on - wasn't this why hierarchyID types were invented ?
you can even use persisted computed columns to make it nice and fast.
you would need a 1 time hit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 28, 2020 at 2:14 pm
Hi Experts,
Currently we are using SQL Server and Database Mail to send reports and with new projects and requirements it seems like the Report sending will increase . Is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 28, 2020 at 1:58 pm
Awesome!!!
Very nice to understand.
But,I do not want to to hard code value 12 and 8. This is what i used that Reverse function.
(Sometime there is a chance in the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 28, 2020 at 1:40 pm
Awesome post, Ronald. And thanks for including the methods of revelation and discovery. Those help in effectively troubleshooting similar problems.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 28, 2020 at 1:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,831 through 7,845 (of 59,098 total)