Viewing 15 posts - 7,816 through 7,830 (of 59,098 total)
I agree... I hate the "blame game". That's why I get pissed off when people, who frequently don't know much about databases, blame the DBA for being a supposed bottle-neck...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2020 at 2:59 pm
I absolutely agree that cooperation leads to learning. That's why I sit with the Developers and have a symbiosis with them. Cooperation does not mean letting bad stuff happen and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 3, 2020 at 2:00 pm
My favorite IT related job posting of all time was also the shortest, most honest, and most accurate one I've ever seen...
HELP WANTED
"Basically, we want someone that can look at...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 2, 2020 at 8:37 pm
When the business overrides you, there really isn't much you can do. Education is key. However, I'm still very much on the side of being part of the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 1, 2020 at 3:16 am
Maybe you are right but I think there is also a cultural issue. A good default pose for a developer might be as a collaborator who wants data to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 10:57 pm
sigh... my heart dies a little bit when we ignore the option of getting a provider of data to make it useable , I know they are often...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Jeff, that would be the best case scenario, but we get many clients that give to us as is and don't want to do more. It is in excel...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 3:36 pm
Thanks, Nicole. I'm sorry I missed this yesterday and today. I'm prepping for an SQL|Saturday that I'm driving to tomorrow and won't be back until Sunday. I'll give it a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 4:07 am
To add to what Jeff said, it's really not that hard to write a bunch of stored procedures for the nested set model. I published a few of these...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 4:00 am
What you really need to do is get with the people that are providing the data and have them give it to you correctly. Having some number like 9.38357E+27 isn't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 3:38 am
jonathan.crawford wrote:But have either of you ever been to Belgium?
Let's just say, mussels, mayo on fries and a tripel is one of my favorite meals on the planet.
Mayo on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 2:59 am
Following on with the food and music theme. To be sung to the tune of Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody ... it's the Indian version. (Not my work.)
That's hil-air-e-ass!!!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 2:03 am
One day, we'll have to have a meeting of that Anti-RBAR Confederation you spoke about. We'll schedule time to talk about food. 🙂
We shouldn't schedule time to talk...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 1:58 am
without gail, steve and joe celko busting my chops then i'm left with jeff….. not fair.
Heh... it's what brothers do. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 1:56 am
Let's just say, mussels, mayo on fries and a tripel is one of my favorite meals on the planet.
(and PS Grant, you are our long lost...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 31, 2020 at 1:12 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,816 through 7,830 (of 59,098 total)