Viewing 15 posts - 4,906 through 4,920 (of 59,098 total)
Hi Guys,
Problem solved. Rather than pull my hair out trying to figure out why MS had to take something so simple and turn it into a complicated Charlie Foxtrot,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2021 at 1:42 pm
Hi all
I use the Ola Hallengren Index Optimize script for rowstore index maintenance in my SQL estate. Recently we have been looking into an issue with our data warehouse...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 3, 2021 at 12:30 pm
I don't think including the column name in the PK is a bad idea especially since I do tend to include column names in other indexes. The only reason why...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 7:39 pm
BTW... this is also a really good reason to have some naming standards. We follow the standard that PKs will always use the form of PK_tablenamehere.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 4:36 pm
When I looked the problem page, no error was included on the page.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 4:33 pm
Does XML datatype with NULL Value in SQL Server 2008 consume any storage space?
As mentioned in https://www.sqlshack.com/optimize-null-values-storage-consumption-using-sql-server-sparse-columns/ If we store a NULL value in a fixed-length column such as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 3:49 pm
Hi Jeff, we require the success to auto clear the failure events. This clear would then auto resolve the help desk auto generated tickets as well as end the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 12:24 pm
It was a great session, Jeff Good to hear you again 🙂
Thanks, Johan. It's a shame we couldn't have a couple of beers together afterwards like we did the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 11:39 am
Jeff,
Thank you for a truly great presentation that shatters a lot of long held beliefs. Certainly one's I've held and I'm sure many others.
-Tom
Thanks Tom. I really appreciate the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 11:37 am
One thing I am disappointed not to be hearing more about is the use of resumable index rebuilds.
I've stopped using reorganize on huge tables where we can't rebuild because...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 11:27 am
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 11:17 am
My suggestion is to stop monitoring successes. Job history does that well enough.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 12:11 am
When you do a shrink-file on a data file, pages from the end of the file are moved to unused pages at the beginning of the file. That very effectively...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 2, 2021 at 12:06 am
I'd like to add my thanks as well, a great and thoroughly enjoyable presentation (and I actually understood it 🙂 ). Lots of good stuff. Now I just have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 1, 2021 at 7:25 pm
So, the next question is, why do they want to know if you know this? Is there a non-obvious performance advantage? I wouldn't believe so but who knows?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 30, 2021 at 6:23 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,906 through 4,920 (of 59,098 total)