Viewing 15 posts - 4,921 through 4,935 (of 59,098 total)
I used SQL Profiler to trace SQL scripts and got one sql statement with 53142 reads (as picture), but I executed that sql statement but found...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 30, 2021 at 6:01 pm
Here's a way, though it would be pretty stupid to do it.
SELECT x.CustomerID
FROM (SELECT c.CustomerID, 0 Col1
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 30, 2021 at 5:51 pm
I used SQL Profiler to trace SQL scripts and got one sql statement with 53142 reads (as picture), but I executed that sql statement but found its logical reads...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 29, 2021 at 12:50 pm
Maybe it was a trick question where the expected answer was "you can't do that" or "that's a completely meaningless thing to do". Remember, the purpose of interview questions...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 29, 2021 at 12:42 pm
Thanks, David. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback.
I went overtime because I got comfortable and slowed down. I needed to keep the pace up on that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 29, 2021 at 5:33 am
However, Jeff, in all seriousness, their mistakes & shortcomings aside, would you say that "the last people you should be listening to are Microsoft employees"?
See... that's a problem...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 29, 2021 at 4:55 am
Asking for and getting a consistent format for incoming data from multiple clients is often wishful thinking. Sure, if you've done previous conversions from a system(s) that is the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2021 at 9:15 pm
Unfortunately, that actually proves that they don't know. Bob Ward is still talking about the use of reorganize for index maintenance. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 27, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Thanks Jeff
That and control characters 28 thru 31.
I'm writing them how I would decode them in JavaScript -
Row split:
data.split("\u001e")
column split:
data.split("\u001f")
It is possible to define a whole set of JavaScript...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 26, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Something else folks may not consider and that's the "native" format for transmitting data from SQL Server to SQL Server. It does really cool stuff such as leaving INTs in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 26, 2021 at 8:55 pm
With the proliferation of file formats, perhaps it is time to revisit the delimited file and how its problems can be overcome.
CSV stands for comma separated values. As we...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 26, 2021 at 7:39 pm
On the subject of LOB compaction and deletes and page splits...
It may take 10 runs for REORGANIZE to actually get it to work right (yep... tried it and measured it).
On...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 26, 2021 at 7:33 pm
Don't forget: Microsoft is a Cloud Service provider. Quite a big one. With no plans of retreating.
Increased load on in-house servers makes the argument for a company to move...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 26, 2021 at 7:24 pm
😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 25, 2021 at 5:55 pm
Thanks for the response, Jeffrey. If you go to the first article I provided a link for and then search for "A/B", that 3 character link will take you to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 25, 2021 at 3:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,921 through 4,935 (of 59,098 total)