Viewing 15 posts - 4,336 through 4,350 (of 59,098 total)
Heh... I agree with what Kathi said in her good article and what the others have cited in this thread.
I'll also say that Einstein is quoted as having said that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 4:44 am
Hello!
Hello there, Dillan25. What's cookin'? SPAM? 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 4:35 am
Uh oh... so I should learn some basic C# or Powershell (or both).
I guess it's time to look for a good validation tutorial maybe. Thanks!
Heh... Phil already knows what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 4:31 am
Heh... in fact, we could make the system figure out what's wrong with a file, produce an errata list in an email and send it the client along with the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 3:54 am
Discounting the Excel thing for now, a little work in T-SQL will allow you to read the row header from each file, figure what's there, and assign it to the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 3:49 am
Jeff,
I added sample data above related to the duplicate record, let me know if what I gave here is ok.
- Thanks.
The table is missing the 6th column. So is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 2:31 am
Yep. AdventureWorks in all it's messed up glory. Honestly, I love that sample database. Why? Because it looks like all the other messed up constructs I see everywhere else....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2021 at 8:26 pm
That's OK. It's the tool that will allow you to do things like run the CLI of a program from SQL Server. Such a thing can also be done using...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2021 at 3:31 am
Thanks that helped me find a solution.
Awesome. Thank you for the feedback!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 18, 2021 at 3:23 am
I doubt it. The still haven't made a built in sequence generator even though I've added to Erland Sommarskogs "Connection" post that he created more than a decade ago (going...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2021 at 7:16 pm
I am using Filezilla. Yes it can be operated via command line
Perfect. The next question is, which is a showstopper for a whole lot of people (even though it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2021 at 7:12 pm
I saw that and was totally impressed. It only took them 5 years to get a fix out... kind of. As you say, it's only in Azure so far. 😀
Once...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2021 at 6:28 pm
Here is the plan:
-log into SFTP server and download files to local directory
-unzip files to specified folder
-import files into SQL Server table (it will always be the same table)
-if...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 17, 2021 at 3:07 am
type = 'U' means you are grabbing all "user" type of login. To SQL, a "human" and a "non-human" are identical. It is just a login.
How would SQL know...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2021 at 6:33 am
You're posting in an SQL Server 2019 forum. BULK INSERT and BCP have both had "CSV" capabilities since SQL Server 2017. If the files and the tables are consistent, there's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2021 at 6:29 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,336 through 4,350 (of 59,098 total)