Viewing 15 posts - 4,351 through 4,365 (of 59,098 total)
Thank you everyone. I have been saving the files to a folder. it works for me because I only have a few queries. I am so used...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 16, 2021 at 6:17 am
I don't feel comfortable flying normally but with Covid--even though I just got my booster and wear a mask everywhere--the thought of being on a crowded plane. ....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2021 at 8:09 pm
Thank you everyone. I have been saving the files to a folder. it works for me because I only have a few queries. I am so used to Access...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2021 at 7:56 pm
I have to tell you that if you work with the right recruiter, you don't have to worry about AI HR bots, HR people, or whatever. A lot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2021 at 7:52 pm
If all you want is the ability to lookup and access your queries - then you might consider Azure Data Studio instead of SSMS. That does allow you to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2021 at 7:41 pm
Heh... I'm sometimes amazed at how people almost feverishly try to learn a whole lot of new stuff when they haven't actually learned to use the old stuff or even...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2021 at 6:49 am
I avoid the PIVOT operator and instead use the ancient "Black Art" of CROSSTABs because of more flexibility, functionality and performance.
If you want dynamic CROSSTABs, those are pretty easy, as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2021 at 6:42 am
Personally, I avoid the PIVOT operator like the plague. I prefer CROSSTABs for functionality, performance, and more.
https://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/cross-tabs-and-pivots-part-2-dynamic-cross-tabs
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2021 at 6:29 am
I don't believe so.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2021 at 6:25 am
No. Not queries in the object explorer. If they're stored procedures, view, or functions, then you'll see them in the object explorer.
Maybe somehow in a "project" but I don't "projects"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 15, 2021 at 6:23 am
Hi,
I'm trying to query the amount of minutes a column value stays below a threshold and then group it together
Im Selecting records with Values <= 20 and then use...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2021 at 7:27 pm
So... here we are near the end of the year 2021. SQL Server 2022 has just been announced, miracles of both hardware and software have and continue to occur, MS...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 13, 2021 at 4:49 pm
Along with what Grant has stated and since they said it did "regular" SQL Backups, have them do a test restore using native tools only to prove...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2021 at 3:33 am
It would also be helpful if you posted the CREATE TABLE statements for the two target tables and attach a text file with the first 10 or so rows from...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2021 at 3:05 am
On of the things that's bugging me about this is that you say that the first import is going to a single column table yet you have a field terminator...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2021 at 3:04 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,351 through 4,365 (of 59,098 total)