Viewing 15 posts - 4,321 through 4,335 (of 59,098 total)
Heh. Thanks for the notice, Aaron, but those points are a bit bogus and a left over from times long gone when LIKEs and other forms of upvotes just seemed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 25, 2021 at 6:37 am
Man, I thought we might have had it with the RCSI thing. You've answered all the other questions with the graphics. I see absolutely nothing in any of that that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 25, 2021 at 4:28 am
Hi Jeff
Apologies for delaying in replying. Ive been ill with a bad cold .
This is what I see of the the table when i run sp_help 'dbo.SIData_222222_88_20211103_1436'
At least it's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 25, 2021 at 4:17 am
Dear Friends,
Would be great if you can advise on an alternative to CURSOR object. Thank you in advance..
Best Regards...Arshad
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2021 at 7:37 pm
I agree with Grant...I wouldn't bother with DTA at all. It is actually possible to get such an error simply because of an overly complex query or a simple looking...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2021 at 7:17 pm
Right now, after you've uploaded (imported) a file to a named table, what do you want done with the file?
Once the files are uploaded, there are there...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Here's the next thing that could be a possibility... Run this code in the database where the table is at.
SELECT is_read_committed_snapshot_on
FROM...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Here's the next thing that could be a possibility... Run this code in the database where the table is at.
SELECT is_read_committed_snapshot_on
FROM sys.databases
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2021 at 4:27 am
Crud, I went to hit "Reply" on one of the posts above and hit "Report", instead. I've sent the WebMaster a request to undo that.
In the mean time, I have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 24, 2021 at 4:06 am
What a great set of "mini-courses" you're in the process of having published! Nicely done! My only question on this one would be... why would you ever teach anyone...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 23, 2021 at 9:03 pm
Because you didn't follow the instructions in the write-up for when to round down, your final value of 193MB is off by abou 10MB. It should have been 183.398438 MB.
That,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 8:25 pm
Thanks Jeff
I haven't heard of ACE driver. Is it a tool ? if so, can you share a link please. I am not sure how to use bulk insert...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 5:03 pm
Unfortunately I dont have the space to test (create a duplicate db/table ), the whole rationale for this exercise is diskspace is full 🙁 , nor can I take...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 4:53 pm
WHY do you need to do this?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 4:15 pm
Sorry. Post removed. I looked at the code and read it incorrectly.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 22, 2021 at 4:03 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,321 through 4,335 (of 59,098 total)