Viewing 15 posts - 4,306 through 4,320 (of 59,098 total)
The CSVs were created from Excel. I just save as CSV. I am guessing they are tabbed (they do appear in a table format)
The tables do contain confidential information...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2021 at 7:02 pm
Ok. Understood on the column names and the table creation.
Is the data in the files separated by commas or tabs?
Also, is there any chance of attaching one of the files...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 1, 2021 at 5:02 am
That's kind of cool. Thanks for the article.
Do you have a link to some formal documentation for what the syntax and possible functionality is for this "markdown" language and how...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2021 at 2:24 am
That would have been my preferred method as well. But the project has been going on for a few years and this is what has been followed historically, even...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2021 at 1:40 am
The filenames are named with the groups there are in - Filename1_Group1.csv, Filename2_Group1.CSV, Filename3_Group1.csv; Filename1_Group2.csv, Filename2_Group2.CSV, Filename3_Group2.csv, and so on
When I create the dataflow task, I add the name...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2021 at 1:38 am
An experienced developer complained to me that until SQL has a date, and a time, datatype, it will never be a very good database. This person has been writing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 30, 2021 at 1:19 am
I have to admit that I've never done a SUBSTRING on a NULL directly as in the question. I've not seen anyone even try to do such a thing in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 29, 2021 at 9:31 pm
Ok... here's one for you that a whole lot of people don't understand (borrowing a part of a quote from the article)...
"Don't try to learn T-SQL. Try to learn to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 29, 2021 at 8:09 am
That's almost exactly what I suggested in the other post. You ARE trying to delete 41% of the table. After doing that (deletes), you're going to have to rebuild all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 29, 2021 at 1:54 am
Avoiding a join here is a mistake, IMHO, especially if the hash-code is going to be used for "verification".
Ah... there's that word... "verification". By itself it can mean so many...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 29, 2021 at 1:05 am
As a bit of a sidebar, one does have to wonder what the word "efficient" in the post title actually means because, IMHO, you selected to go with the least...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2021 at 11:34 pm
Now I am using SQL to manage school data.
What are you currently using?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2021 at 11:29 pm
You're way too humble. Of course, that's also a part of what makes you so good. 😀 Thanks for what you and the other heavy hitters do.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 28, 2021 at 5:52 am
One of the things that I'm most thankful for is the community that has grown around SQL Server Central. I don't know where I'd be without this hub of knowledgeable...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 27, 2021 at 6:00 am
Likewise, you and Phil are the only ones on this thread that I've not yet met in person. Brent did a presentation for us several years back and a couple...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 27, 2021 at 5:31 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,306 through 4,320 (of 59,098 total)