Creating Views - SQL School Video

• Brian Knight

One Orange Chip

Comments posted to this topic are about the item Creating Views - SQL School Video

• Anipaul

SSC-Insane

Good one. Are we going to get more videos like this?

• Brian Knight

One Orange Chip

You'll see a few of these a week. I've already sent SSC a dozen and another 30 will be sent to them by week end. We also have loads more for free on JumpstartTV.com

• SuperDBA-207096

SSCrazy Eights

Brian,

Awesome work! What tool did you use to create the video?

• Brian Knight

One Orange Chip

I use Camtasia (camtasia.com).

• psmith-502573

SSC Enthusiast

What kind of data operation restrictions does a view have? Are they strictly for schema objects or can you create views using temp table or table memory variables?

• liebesiech

SSCrazy

Like it as well. As I'm just moving from SQL Server 2K to 2K5 it also helps me to see how others work with the Management Studio.

• Anipaul

SSC-Insane

Brian Knight (7/31/2008)

You'll see a few of these a week. I've already sent SSC a dozen and another 30 will be sent to them by week end. We also have loads more for free on JumpstartTV.com

waooooo wonderful.....:)

• Julie Breutzmann

Hall of Fame

Thanks. Even thought I have created views before, I still learned some new tricks. I'm looking forward to other videos.

Julie

• Jeff Moden

SSC Guru

What a great set of "mini-courses" you're in the process of having published! Nicely done!

My only question on this one would be... why would you ever teach anyone to do the Bozo-No-No of doing an ORDER BY in a view? 😉

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
    "Change is inevitable... change for the better is not".
    "If "pre-optimization" is the root of all evil, then what does the resulting no optimization lead to?"

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• odalee

SSC Rookie

Very cool indeed! Nice way to create and alter Views. As a beginning DBA, I found this work around very helpful. Thx! 😛

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply