Viewing 15 posts - 4,186 through 4,200 (of 59,098 total)
It's a funny thing about "drill downs"... I love it when folks drill down to the final layer of 100,000 rows and then wonder what to do.
It is possible to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 4:57 am
Now THAT was an "HR guy" that understood!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 4:44 am
A minor optimization on DesNorton's good code would be to remove the ISNULL from the CASE WHEN because a NULL can't be greater than 0 (nor equal to or less...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 2:37 am
Really nice SQL "Oolie", Steve! 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 2:05 am
No problem and totally understood. I wanted to make sure that you weren't waiting on me.
You're health and then you work come first. Take your time.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 1:42 am
There's also the possibility that all 3 queries actually suck. 😀 You'll need to look at the execution plans, as well. Just don't make the mistake of using % of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 1:16 am
There is a error in the application logs with table name not allowing nulls into column. However, the sql server error log does not show which proc is causing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 1:00 am
I once had a ticket to update a field in the ERP system while working in the data warehouse. Their programmers were swamped, and they thought it was a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 12:53 am
Heh... mine has started off with a bit of a "well that sucks" factor. Whole new time-keeping system where they want me to categorize virtually every aspect of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 12:36 am
Yes, agree that it would benefit in the read loads. But we should also consider the overhead of CI on write operations. So if the database is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 12:26 am
Ah... figured it out Steve... quite by accident, as well.
Here's what I'm seeing...

I didn't want to post such a large graphic and so I zoomed out to only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 21, 2021 at 11:58 pm
I've not seen any recent replies on this thread lately. I think I'm waiting on some small sample files from you but we've been back and forth on that so...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 21, 2021 at 1:50 am
I don't think you'll need it but good luck with whatever you go for.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 21, 2021 at 12:29 am
Frozen pork chop.
That would be the main course! 😀 Served at high velocity at point blank range from a 3 banded wrist rocket! 😀
Heh... I guess that story has...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2021 at 10:18 pm
SQL 2012 is end of life in 7 months. Sounds like it's time for another vendor.
Then there's that... installing on the Evaluation Edition was bad enough but lordy. This...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 20, 2021 at 7:29 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,186 through 4,200 (of 59,098 total)