Viewing 15 posts - 4,171 through 4,185 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks Jeff,
I was hoping you might come along if I mentioned SET BASED in the Title/Tags 🙂
That's exactly what I needed, not too much editing for me, and a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 5:56 pm
p.s. We did do something great on this thread... although it's gotten a bit confrontational, it IS bringing a lot of things to light that people might not have known...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 4:23 pm
Absent encoding, data compression is the next-best alternative. But you don't seem to use that for some reason, I'm not sure why.
I do use that. It's a part of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 4:14 pm
output as below
CompanyIDYearRev_IDMetarialID1888574MetarialID1888575MetarialID1888576MetarialID1888577supplier1888574supplier1888575supplier1888576supplier1888577
1039109202133982083.1897.0592.8795.7480.1899.0094.8796.74
1039152202033989880.1810098.8793.7479.1899.0096.8790.74
my result will be
company and year and rev then pivot first Colum based on material id ,pivot second Colum based on material id
with another...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 2:19 pm
damagment
Heh... I love it and had a good laugh. Thanks, Adi.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 2:13 pm
Eventually it leaves the company with those developers who produce best time sheets, not the best product.
Man, you said a mouthful there and I've seen it happen at more...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 4:03 am
HI, Here is my issue:
I have 2 SQL 2019 instances and set up 1 linkded server. It works fine in local (remote to the server), but got the error...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 3:18 am
You CAN get the date that a user was provided access to a database...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 3:14 am
Any one can help me to get the SQL database permission creation and modification date? I can only get the database user creation and modifying date.
Thanks
SLu
I could be wrong...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 3:11 am
Do you want the output just like what you posted or do you want it in columns? And, can you clean up what the output is supposed to look like? ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 3:08 am
If you win, send me 5%... 😀
The following will do the trick for you according to your original post. Thanks for the readily consumable data.
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 3:01 am
Just out of curiosity, you do realize that the first query is totally different than the other 2, correct? And you do realize that leading wild cards for criteria are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 23, 2021 at 2:06 am
This whole thing is a bit concerning. Why do you have two databases on the same instance and why have they become different? There are a couple of slick tricks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 8:43 pm
I find it hard to believe that most folks would ever run out of BIGINT values under normal situations. The field on the other database being a VARCHAR(50) is concerning...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Where I work, the DBA doesn't do the updates. The infrastructure team does the Windows and SQL Server updates.
We wait a week after they come out and look for the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 22, 2021 at 8:26 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,171 through 4,185 (of 59,098 total)