Viewing 15 posts - 4,066 through 4,080 (of 59,098 total)
I have gone through the two parts of Jeff's articles. But I still couldn't figure out the solution. here's my sample data:
businessday category itemno value
2022-01-01 xyz...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 25, 2022 at 1:47 pm
Thank you for your replies.
I added: CAST(FileSize AS decimal(35,2)) AS FileSize,
+
WHERE Domain = @Domain AND convert(bigint, Filesize) > 50000
That worked so many thanks.
One last question...
--I added
ROUND(SUM(CAST([FileSize]...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 25, 2022 at 1:23 pm
Hi All ,
I need to restore database 1.2 TB .. bak files are on network share drive .
the time i run restore .. it shows no progress . Status...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 24, 2022 at 11:16 pm
Steve, why is it that code reuse in T-SQL, in particular refactoring, results in performance penalties? I'm ignorant as to why this is so. Just trying to learn more,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2022 at 5:44 pm
Jeff M,
I can't stop laughing at your response. You are correct that I am trying to leverage previous work done in the stored procedures instead of rewriting the logic...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2022 at 5:37 pm
And still no answer as the WHY this needs to be done.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2022 at 5:35 pm
Why don't you ask the folks at AWS? And, you're making money at this, yes?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2022 at 1:47 am
Thankyou, I really Appreciate the way you did it, It really helped a lot. Keep Sharing more such.
That actually looks and sounds like a precursor to SPAM, as has...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2022 at 1:37 am
If yes, based on what the size of the .ndf file was determined, since it's completely different compared to primary .mdf file.
A secondary file typically contains a subset of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2022 at 1:35 am
The issue is that they think that they want to stop using the STUFF method (which is really the for XML PATH concatenation) for some reason but won't explain why...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2022 at 1:31 am
I have to ask... why are you duplicating more than a half million rows from a 206GB table into the SAME database??? If we knew that, we might be able...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2022 at 1:24 am
Such workarounds are absolutely stupid. Not because the workaround itself is stupid but, rather, because Microsoft has made such a workaround NECESSARY.
They release broken, only partially functional, and performance challenged...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2022 at 8:43 am
Without some actual test data, all I can say is STRING_SPLIT() and CASE.
If you want a coded example, please read the article at the first link in my signature line...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2022 at 1:02 am
From the Article:[hr]
"I have seen a few people call for raising the RAM limit in the Standard Edition of SQL Server. In 2016, Aaron Bertrand voiced this, and for 2019,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 22, 2022 at 12:09 am
Not sure if it is just me or not, but I don't see what the data is supposed to look like...
It's not just you. When the op comes back...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 21, 2022 at 11:59 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,066 through 4,080 (of 59,098 total)