Viewing 15 posts - 4,081 through 4,095 (of 59,098 total)
Phil Parkin wrote:I am no longer receiving e-mail notifications when someone responds to a post I am subscribed to. Is it me, or is this affecting others?
Me too.
Same here even...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 21, 2022 at 11:34 pm
Hey all,
Sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm usually not able to easily find solutions to the problems I face. This particular problem is as such. I have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 21, 2022 at 11:22 pm
Considering the leading "v_", those probably aren't tables you're dealing with. They're probably views and the probably have some problems of the own that are at least exacerbating the issue...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 21, 2022 at 10:47 pm
yup! very fast indeed! Thank you!
Yep... for now. Your company should really work on normalizing the keyword lookup instead of it being in a CSV. Then it wouldn't only...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 21, 2022 at 10:39 pm
I have over 100 stored procedures that I want to call.
You using regurgitated OLTP procs because you don't want to or won't make the time to do it right...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 21, 2022 at 10:29 pm
Does someone have a trace running or some monitoring software that does?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2022 at 10:55 pm
Have you contacted Microsoft about this issue?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 20, 2022 at 10:34 pm
Here is a nice reference by Brent Ozar regarding RCSI: "Implementing Snapshot or Read Committed Snapshot Isolation in SQL Server: A Guide"
Have a look at the "Gotchas With...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2022 at 7:15 pm
Thanks a lot for the feedback will do that!
Thank you for the feedback and welcome aboard!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 19, 2022 at 7:10 pm
In Order to Get the last 12 month including days
SELECT * FROM my_table where DATEDIFF(DAY, created_date , GETDATE()) <= 365
I'm going to be a wee bit more blunt that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2022 at 11:46 pm
IIRC, RCSI adds 14 bytes to every row and that's likely going to cause a 50% page density and a high degree of logical fragmentation to be present right after...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2022 at 10:41 pm
That post is now more than 2 months old. The moment has kinda been lost. 😉
To summarize, I was asking you to outline the exact steps and code you were...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 18, 2022 at 1:46 am
I have to admit that I'm a bit gobsmacked at the number of people (50% at the time of this posting) that think there's such a thing as DATEADD(time,.....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2022 at 7:13 pm
Heh... it's a real shame that MS didn't follow the ISO/ANSI standards when it came to the "new" (now old) DATE, TIME, and DATETIME2 datatypes and it's also a shame...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 17, 2022 at 3:40 am
I'm not sure if I had any declared goals even on New Year's day except to quit smoking and that NEVER worked. I usually declare goals when I realize that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 16, 2022 at 5:46 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,081 through 4,095 (of 59,098 total)