Viewing 15 posts - 3,871 through 3,885 (of 59,098 total)
I'm trying to extract date from a text field. I'm using PADINDEX to do this. My results are very inconsistent. Is there anyway I can do this through SQL. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 6:25 pm
There are several people that I've recently decided are earning a living based on the kindness of strangers that I will no longer help especially since they've been doing the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 5:56 pm
(Although the product ID is correctly an NVARCHAR and I'm hoping the NVARCHAR isn't actually a part of the column name 🙁 )
Hmm, I think it's a waste...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 5:48 pm
I've lost the old link that I had about this and, if I still had it, it probably wouldn't work anymore anyway. A lot of people don't know that Temp...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 5:29 pm
I've been called many things, but it's a first for Ohil 🙂
The "O" is apparently because "OH! More coffee,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 4:57 pm
@Ohil and @steve-2... thank you both for the honorable mention.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 4:23 pm
Install the table valued function in this script: https://www.sqlservercentral.com/scripts/a-daterange-table-valued-function
I'll say it again... that's a killer general purpose function with a lot of uses. Thanks for publishing that, Jonathan.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 4:20 pm
Can I hide view definition of others users's procedures from SA user. I want to hide business logic.
The only way to do this is to deliver you code on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 4:15 pm
Hi experts,
Sorry for not getting you a table or data at this moment but I will if I need to get help tomorrow
How do I get
2....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 3:59 pm
and kick the designer in a place where it hurts ...
That would NOT be in the area above the shoulders... they're obviously feeling no pain there. 😀 (Although the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 3:55 pm
I really enjoyed this article and linked items. I remember way back when (more than 3 decades ago) I would manually check the waveform coming form the UPS, doing battery...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 3:41 pm
Please mark Jeff's answer as correct, if you wouldn't mind.
BWAAA-HAAA! Well that didn't work. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 2:07 am
This is a pretty good example of why companies will always need a DBA. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2022 at 11:07 pm
If the IDENTITY column is used properly and not just as a row number, then you DO need to consider the joins because they will be mostly by IDENTITY. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2022 at 11:05 pm
good for beginners.
Even though the post above is a decade old now, it's still a great recommendation. I can't speak to the first link with any knowledge because this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2022 at 6:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,871 through 3,885 (of 59,098 total)