Viewing 15 posts - 3,856 through 3,870 (of 59,098 total)
It currently looks like a "dupe" involves all of the columns that you posted. Is that correct?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2022 at 7:33 pm
Try running an "Estimated Execution plan on that". I'm thinking that the join condition is inadequate and has caused a huge and terrible CROSS JOIN.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2022 at 6:37 pm
Hope I caught all replies, I'm going with having ORM fix code as suggested..
You didn't. And while I agree that ORM code frequently needs to be fixed, it's probably...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2022 at 6:11 pm
Even after participating in forums for more than 2 decades I guess I'll never understand why people post and then never answer a simple question asking a a small example...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2022 at 6:02 pm
You are probably right Jeff, the actual use case is to log specific query executions to a table...but now you've got me thinking of other potential ways...🤔
It's partly for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2022 at 5:25 pm
It would be really helpful if you could include an ACTUAL Execution Plan (as opposed to an Estimated Execution Plan). See the article at the second link in my signature...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2022 at 5:20 pm
My current plan is to keep the ID field and my current indexes because it is working fine.
Then I will probably make a copy of the table and try...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2022 at 5:05 pm
I normally do try. I even violated my own decision to "black ball" someone last night and tried to figure out what the heck it was they were...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2022 at 8:20 pm
I normally do try. I even violated my own decision to "black ball" someone last night and tried to figure out what the heck it was they were talking about. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2022 at 5:12 pm
I've found that a lot of people are using XE to do a lot of things that SQL Server already does better than you could do it with XE. With...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Another way
SELECT C.x.value('@Id', 'varchar(20)') as Id
,C.x.value('@ChapterName', 'varchar(20)') as ChapterName
,C.x.value('concat(local-name(parent::*/parent::*),"\",local-name(parent::*),"\",local-name(.)) ', 'VARCHAR(1000)') AS [Path]
FROM @doc.nodes('ROOT/*/*/item') as C(x)
You've helped a great number of people with sometimes some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 10:12 pm
Since there's no sample data, if the date is the only thing in the string, find the first occurrence of a digit and the last occurrence of a digit and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 9:50 pm
At least they live up to the name of this thread. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 9:45 pm
how to give logic for it. I am newbie
Heh... no you're not. According to the date of your first post, you've been working with SQL for nearly 2 years. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 9:30 pm
The STRING_AGG() function, available in SQL Server 2017 and up, makes this a pretty easy task along with a very useful tool that originates from this very site. You could...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 28, 2022 at 7:50 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,856 through 3,870 (of 59,098 total)