Viewing 15 posts - 3,886 through 3,900 (of 59,098 total)
That's very thoughtful. Awesome post!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2022 at 6:40 pm
When tuning, first concentrate on getting the best clustered index on every (significant) table. The clus index is by far the most significant performance factor for the table. A...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2022 at 6:12 pm
I am new to sql server and hav been researching indexes but I am still not sure on the best practice for indexes for one of my tables. The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2022 at 4:05 pm
Hi Jeff,
To clarify, no the Database is 100% active as it is a transactional Database. what I was attempting to add above was that there have been no code...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2022 at 8:02 am
You original post talked about 1's and 0's. You've now post data with only 1's and haven't posted the result that you're looking for. I don't know about anyone else...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2022 at 7:59 am
I was afraid of that. I was hoping that the remnants of the parent id for each row might be left in the table. I've never used HierarchyID except for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2022 at 2:24 am
Thank you for the feedback. Just remember that the STRING_SPLIT() function does not currently guarantee any order in any version of on-prem SQL Server.. They finally figured that out and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2022 at 2:01 am
Am I understanding correctly that you say there have been no data changes in the server instance for 5 months and no one has changed any code in the server...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2022 at 1:53 am
You're confused me and, perhaps, others. How is it that your test data now contains a -1 instead of a 0 in the Div_Status column? And what result do you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2022 at 1:39 am
Things look about as "packed" as they're going to get. Not including what you posted before (graphic below for convenience), how much drive space do you have left on that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2022 at 12:58 am
I can't help here but I can tell you I'd be online with MS Support about this. This sounds like a bug to me.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 22, 2022 at 12:48 am
Thank you for the readily consumable data. This should do it for you and it contains some protection from "Divide by Zero" issues...
SELECT companyid...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2022 at 10:43 pm
I would like to match this source table: CREATE TABLE [dbo].['TMI Sites $']( [Advertiser] [nvarchar](255) NULL, [Designated Market Area (DMA)] [nvarchar](255) NULL, [DV360 Site] [nvarchar](255) NULL, [Impressions] [float] NULL,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2022 at 10:14 pm
Can you post the CREATE TABLE statement for the table, please? I might have a time-saving idea for you if the structure is right for it.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2022 at 10:11 pm
[EDIT] I just noticed that this is almost identical to @kaj's good code.
This should help and it will also help prevent mistakes with spaces (like ratbak also helped prevent in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 21, 2022 at 9:05 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,886 through 3,900 (of 59,098 total)