Viewing 15 posts - 3,811 through 3,825 (of 59,098 total)
I want to try a relational db for a small project, but I'm looking for something free. That can be a free cloud service or a free hosting service....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 12, 2022 at 12:44 am
Hmm, I think it's a waste to use nvarchar for a basic value like Product ID. Twice the bytes for no gain. Why not just varchar?!
Microsoft Excel,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2022 at 4:56 pm
While the book is (judging from the comments on the Amazon link) about 6 years old, there are some things about SQL that don't change much over time and the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2022 at 3:05 pm
Heh... Nope. It's almost 13 years old and I wasn't the one that necro'd it. 😀 I congratulated the person that posted yesterday and asked a simple question.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2022 at 1:45 pm
I've found it to be much more fun and useful to pork chop anyone that sends me data in XML format. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2022 at 6:05 am
Do you teach people how to count in the book?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2022 at 6:00 am
My sweetie and I keep the house at a balmy 68 degrees F (20 C) all winter long. I found that letting the house cool down while were not home...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2022 at 2:40 am
Let's hope that, after nearly 13 years, the OP is still interested. 🙂
Looks like your book is getting some good reviews, Kriti. Congratulations.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2022 at 2:21 am
Thank you for the feedback, Christi.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2022 at 1:05 am
Just a quick venting/raging......Entity frameworks using code first is the spawn of the devil himself. It is seriously one of the worst anti-patterns I have ever seen....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 11, 2022 at 12:57 am
I thought the question was just fine because what the system runs has no actuals in it and so that inherently makes it "estimated" even if SSMS didn't exist at...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2022 at 1:37 am
Can you use FORMAT? I have only ever used it in ad-hoc queries to make numbers easier to read, and I can't vouch for its performance, but it seems...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 10, 2022 at 1:22 am
It's a prelude to spam. Go look at the profile of the op. They do this kind of crap to "reserve a spot" and then they come back after the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2022 at 8:03 pm
Still can't get pass this error:
Type conversion in expression (CONVERT(int,[d2].[attValue],0)) may affect "CardinalityEstimate" in query plan choice, The query memory grant detected "ExcessiveGrant", which may impact the reliability. Grant...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2022 at 7:56 pm
You've logged in exactly twice and you "love this group". I might be missing something but that sounds like an old prelude to SPAM.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 9, 2022 at 6:52 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 3,811 through 3,825 (of 59,098 total)