indian authors for sql server book

• While the book is (judging from the comments on the Amazon link) about 6 years old, there are some things about SQL that don't change much over time and the Table of Contents seems to include a good number of those things.

@Kriti Sinha - Neither your publisher or Amazon did you any favors.  For example, a whole lot of books on Amazon have a "sneak peek" button that allows one to read the entire Table-of-Contents and, frequently, a part of a chapter that potential buyers can have a look at as if it were on a bookshelf in the store.  Although the book is likely classified now as an "older book", you might want to ask the publisher if they could have Amazon do such a thing.

Also, since the book does appear to be about (a generation in the computational world) 6 years old, you might consider a "Second Edition".  I understand if you don't because, although easier than a first edition, is no average task.

Shifting gears a bit, the ₹303.00  price listed on Amazon appears to be in Indian Rupees.  In no expert but the current exchange rate for conversion of Rupees to U.S. Dollars appears to be approximately ₹1.00 ~ $0.013.  According to a couple of exchange rate sites, that puts the book at about $3.96.  I've not read the book but, from the table of contents, it looks like a heck of a bargain because, like I said, some older things and the basics of SQL just don't change that much, which might make it a good and inexpensive choice for beginners and some intermediates.  Again, the only thing I have to base that on is the table of contents and I honestly don't have the time to review books.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Thank you Jeff.

All point noted. Soon will work on that.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

• JaneJLocane wrote:

Thanks a lot!

For what?

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply