Viewing 15 posts - 37,696 through 37,710 (of 59,098 total)
I can't wait for the folks from one the companies that I worked at, that continue struggling with Month End performance, to try such a thing so that we can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 14, 2010 at 12:22 am
jon pill (7/13/2010)
What is wrong with the post, it is orderly?
Nothing is wrong if you don't mind either verbal-only answers, swags, or incorrect code. People like to test their...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 14, 2010 at 12:08 am
Grant Fritchey (7/12/2010)
Microsoft frequently will give you limited time access to a server online for training purposes. Go here and check it out.
Just make sure you follow the licensing rules...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 14, 2010 at 12:01 am
LutzM (7/12/2010)
SELECT
t1.id,
t1.fromdt,
t1.todt
FROM [test2] t1
WHERE EXISTS
( SELECT 1
FROM [test2] t2
WHERE t1.id ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:57 pm
raj.lath-932078 (7/13/2010)
1.Med Fields are MedicineCode primary varchar(10)
MedicineName ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:46 pm
I probably wouldn't give a vendor such access. I'd ask them to tell me what they wanted and how to get it. Then, I'd email the results.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:41 pm
river1 (7/12/2010)
I execute a command (xp_cmdshell) , but i always receive this error:
Login failed for user 'teste'.
But the user is sysadmin and the password is correct.... and the functionality...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:36 pm
christopher.hawkes (7/13/2010)
I have a CSV file that I'm trying to import but every record (not field) is enclosed in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:30 pm
steveb. (7/13/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:25 pm
sampathsoft (7/13/2010)
1
1.1
1.1.3
1.2 ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:24 pm
I have to take pretty good exception to what has been stated so far. Cross Database Functions are NOT slow. Cross Server Functions are can be.
On my current...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:11 pm
smive2003 (7/13/2010)
I have to provide customer account balances and only show customers accounts that have any positive balance against any negative balance from any of up to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:02 pm
onlo (7/13/2010)
Some bodies say : for records INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, using clustered index will use more time or resources to complete, is it true ?
To add to what Gail...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 11:00 pm
LutzM (7/12/2010)
DECLARE @sql VARCHAR(6000)
DECLARE @sql1 VARCHAR(500)
DECLARE @sql2 VARCHAR(5000)
DECLARE @sql3 VARCHAR(500)
SET @sql1='
;with cte_group_of8 as
(
SELECT
ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY claim_id ORDER BY cast(left(claim_sequence_numbers + '','',charindex('','',claim_sequence_numbers)-1)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 10:53 pm
Brandie Tarvin (7/12/2010)
Do a search on phrase "Dynamic Pivot". See if that helps you out. Then post back on this thread with further questions about it.
Pivots are generally slower (and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 10:49 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,696 through 37,710 (of 59,098 total)