Viewing 15 posts - 37,711 through 37,725 (of 59,098 total)
Go to "Services" in Control Panel and make sure that the DTC service is running. Not only should it be running but it should probably also be set to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 10:33 pm
John N (7/13/2010)
Figured it out.. use SOUNDEX right?
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use SOUNDEX... it's a little too "fuzzy" for my taste.
I haven't had to use it myself but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 10:28 pm
RakeshRSingh (7/13/2010)
1. First the From clause will be processed
2. Then WHERE clause will be processed
3. Then SELECT clause will...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 10:22 pm
A short, sweet, and brilliant article! Bravo Stephen and spot on on all points especially on working with your "customers".
There's only one problem with the scenario you're given... what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 10:11 pm
I agree with the others. Things could break if the DRI is violated or PKs aren't created using IDENTITY, etc.
My recommendation would be to do the same thing as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 9:42 pm
deepthi818 (7/13/2010)
I am an SQL Server DBA with 3 years of experience, I have some experience in SSIS. I am not an expert in SSIS, but am looking at...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 9:31 pm
mbender (7/13/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 9:28 pm
mazzz (7/13/2010)
It's as I feared then - I will at any rate have 1000 distinct OLE DB Sources/Destinations to put together.
I counted the tables, there are actually 3000 of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 9:22 pm
Heh... who's going to decide what a good answer is... the Original Poster? Let me tell you some of the reasons why that's such a bad idea...
1. Despite...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 9:10 pm
Here's an article on passing data as if it were a 1, 2, or 3 dimensional array...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/T-SQL/63003/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 8:51 pm
doobya (7/12/2010)
forum dwellers do tend to get upset when the status quo / comfort zone of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 7:42 pm
Steve Jones - Editor (7/12/2010)
jcrawf02 (7/12/2010)
mbricker-600840 (7/12/2010)
Oh, and another thing, I certainly hope I provide service...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 7:21 pm
LutzM (7/11/2010)
Ooops! My fault (never had / been forced to use it, fortunately)...So, the correct answer would then be: use a c.u.r.s.o.r.? ;-):-D;-)
Absolutely NOT! 😉 Good setbased code is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 7:12 pm
TheSQLGuru (7/13/2010)
Grant Fritchey (7/12/2010)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 7:07 pm
aravind-305595 (7/13/2010)
Yes both are 2008 servers
Ok... then you might want to try the "computed column" thing that I suggested and that Howard materialized with code. You can (most likely,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 13, 2010 at 6:30 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 37,711 through 37,725 (of 59,098 total)