Viewing 15 posts - 3,601 through 3,615 (of 59,098 total)
It sounds like a "connection leak" built in. Either that or connection pooling on steroids that has gotten a bit out of hand and forgetting to deallocate a cursor or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2022 at 5:06 pm
BWAAA-HAAA-HAAA! 😀 NCHAR(MAX). I wonder if anyone will bite on that. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2022 at 12:30 am
I don't know and I actually try to avoid all forms of "replication" but posting your question to Google came up with this. They have a link at the bottom...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2022 at 12:12 am
Are you just trying to LPAD zeros for a total length of 5? If so, this will make your life easier...
DECLARE @SomeInt INT = 22;
SELECT RIGHT(CONCAT('00000',@SomeInt),5)
;
Note...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 27, 2022 at 12:05 am
Doesn't matter... sounds like you need more RAM for whatever you having the server do either way.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 26, 2022 at 7:03 pm
What do the scripts actually do? The reason why I ask is that if there's contention, you could end up with quite a bit of blocking that would make this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 26, 2022 at 6:28 pm
There are some brilliant methods to be had here and are especially necessary because most people's spreadsheets don't actually look like a table.
They also take a special tool and some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 26, 2022 at 6:13 pm
Like I said at one of your previous posts ( https://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/topic/transaction-log-growth-index-manintenance-jobs-database-functional-jobs#post-4021517 ), there's not much use of it on a busy system because the life=time expectancy of data in that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 26, 2022 at 5:59 pm
I've always been concerned but, as I get older, I seriously worry about the medical world and hospitals and the people in them when I see things like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 26, 2022 at 5:50 pm
"Style" wasn't in the list of BBCodes but tried it in the first post above just to make sure. Agreed... it doesn't work.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 25, 2022 at 6:32 pm
Except for the errors they still have and the missing functionality it still has, it does the same thing as BULK INSERT except slower.
It amazing how many people...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 25, 2022 at 6:27 pm
That's a good idea but I don't believe that will reduce the impact on the log file when you use REORGANIZE.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 25, 2022 at 6:25 pm
Thank you for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 25, 2022 at 6:21 pm
Ah... careful now... you can't rely on the default trace on a busy system for things like this. The lifetime expectancy of any row in our default trace is on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 25, 2022 at 12:46 am
My two favorite questions are becoming...
Is there a reason why this MUST be done in PowerShell?
Is there a reason why this MUST be done in Python?
My...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 25, 2022 at 12:01 am
Viewing 15 posts - 3,601 through 3,615 (of 59,098 total)