Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 9,728 total)

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I could use some perspective on an execution issue, please. Schema Execute not working on sproc – SQLServerCentral Forums.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Quick interuption: 5+ gallons of blueberries from my bushes. First picking. And oh, do they taste good.

    More berries to come in a few weeks, possibly just as many.

    What to do....

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Linked Server Product Name?

    Is "Product Name" just a tag, then? Not actually required for the linked server to function?

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: when primary is down and not accessible failover not occured then how to recover

    Let's start off with what I think the answer was: Stop & resume data movement.

    With a large 40 TB database, yes, I could see this scenario RARELY. They don't want...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    I have found it difficult to use the search functions here, actually. I often find myself trying to find a post or, more likely, an article I know I read...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    And when I click on an email post alert (just now did it), it took me approximately 7 pages back on this thread instead of to the post directly.

    I've gotten...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: when primary is down and not accessible failover not occured then how to recover

    I really hope the OP got the problem resolved or called in an expert. If I were the client, I'd be steaming by now if my stuff was still down....

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: SSIS Execution Error

    Just to add my two cents in, I have seen a similar error many years ago with an older version of SQL and it was a certificate issue. The certificate...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Import and Export wizard stuck on Guest user

    Does the problem persist when using SQL Native Client instead of the OLEDB?

    I've noticed the OLEDB for SQL Server in the wizard does funny things and stopped using it quite...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: when primary is down and not accessible failover not occured then how to recover

    This is an availability group or a clustered instance?

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Principal owns a service?

    True 'dat!

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Principal owns a service?

    And the user just informed me that two of the four lines I found are "old" services. Which makes me wonder if this isn't the source of her testing pain.

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Principal owns a service?

    EXCELLENT. That gave me exactly what I needed. Vended solution services somehow set up inside of SQL Server.

    Now I just need to figure out how to fix the problem, which...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Big shop or small shop?

    I was just reflecting this morning that the employer I currently work for has both. One small unit that has its own collection of  DBAs, about...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • Reply To: Principal owns a service?

    That did not come up in Google. I just looked at it, and the principal ID for all lines is dbo, not the SQL login in question.

    Is "name" in that...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 9,728 total)