SSIS Execution Error

• So i have ran though the guide to migrate the SSISDB correctly.ย  and unfortunatly i am still recieving the same error.

To set the scene as i noticed the error occured when i setup SSISDB from scratch as a new install so lets use that as an example as i dont want to muddy the waters.

1. I have installed SSIS and created a new catalogue.
    2. I create a brand new Job and I create a new Step in that job as this will be firing a Package.
    3. I give the Job a Name and I set the type to SQL Server Integration Service Package
    4. I set the Server to the local server \ Instanceย  (there is a drop down i just select the SERVERNAME\INSTANCE)
    5. I click the ... button to browse to a package but straight away i am getting the attatched error.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
  • Seems to be steps missing there.

have you confirmed you can open the master key on the source and the destination

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ya can't make an omelette without breaking just a few eggs" ๐Ÿ˜‰

• As part of the guide it ran me though exactly that checking first the password was all good on the source and destination all good.

it is definatly a head scratcher.

• Which guide you use

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• This is the guide I used

https://www.sqlshack.com/moving-the-ssisdb-catalog-on-a-new-sql-server-instance/

If you have a better one I will happily review it.

• Recommend you try again and go through in detail following the relevant sections

• also run the following and supply the query results

select name, is_master_key_encrypted_by_server
    from sys.databases
    where name='ssisdb'

• Just to add my two cents in, I have seen a similar error many years ago with an older version of SQL and it was a certificate issue. The certificate had to either be reinstalled or a new one installed, I can't remember which. We had a server expert who did all that work for us.

Also, what is the SSIS package protection level?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply