Are the posted questions getting worse?

• Happy Holidays!  Christmas Day for me is all the kids and grandkids hang out in the morning, and then go their separate ways leaving me in peace.  I told my staff I would cover the on-call for them as their Christmas present.   I'm not sure if  that was a nice thing, or a stupid thing. We will know on Tuesday!

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Same to you and yours, Steve.  And Merry Christmas to everyone.  This is a well deserved 4 day weekend for me.  Next weekend is, as well.

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• So I'm hoping maybe someone (coughStevecough) might be able to provide some info for me...

I'm going to be attending the Redgate Summit in Chicago, I want to get my hotel booked (it's a 4.5hr drive, I am NOT day-tripping this) now.  But, the location of the summit hasn't been announced yet.

Would it happen to be planned to be at the Field Museum like it was (/me looks at watch) about 13-14yrs back when I last went to one?

• jasona.work wrote:

So I'm hoping maybe someone (coughStevecough) might be able to provide some info for me...

I'm going to be attending the Redgate Summit in Chicago, I want to get my hotel booked (it's a 4.5hr drive, I am NOT day-tripping this) now.  But, the location of the summit hasn't been announced yet.

Would it happen to be planned to be at the Field Museum like it was (/me looks at watch) about 13-14yrs back when I last went to one?

Not sure where, but let me dig around. I'm sure we have a contract somewhere in the works.

• jasona.work wrote:

So I'm hoping maybe someone (coughStevecough) might be able to provide some info for me...

I've poked the team to see what's up and linked back to here.

I don't have a hotel booked either if that helps at all (and I know it doesn't).

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey wrote:

I don't have a hotel booked either if that helps at all (and I know it doesn't).

Nah, it does help  🙂

I mean, if one of the presumptive presenters doesn't even have a hotel booked yet, *I* shouldn't be worrying!  🙂

Thank you for inquiring, too!  I'm fairly certain I'm taking council of my fears in wanting to get a room locked in now, I suspect I'll be able to get a room even if I just walk up to the desk of a nearby hotel the night before.

• jasona.work wrote:

Grant Fritchey wrote:

Nah, it does help  🙂

I mean, if one of the presumptive presenters doesn't even have a hotel booked yet, *I* shouldn't be worrying!  🙂

Thank you for inquiring, too!  I'm fairly certain I'm taking council of my fears in wanting to get a room locked in now, I suspect I'll be able to get a room even if I just walk up to the desk of a nearby hotel the night before.

No, I try to get it all set about 8 weeks out, so we're outside my comfort zone as well. I think the page will be updated shortly. Hit refresh a couple of times over the next day.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood"
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Author of:
    SQL Server Execution Plans
    SQL Server Query Performance Tuning

• Grant Fritchey wrote:

jasona.work wrote:

Grant Fritchey wrote:

Nah, it does help  🙂

No, I try to get it all set about 8 weeks out, so we're outside my comfort zone as well. I think the page will be updated shortly. Hit refresh a couple of times over the next day.

I saw the venue posted as

InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile

505 N Michigan Ave

Does that help?

Luis C.
    General Disclaimer:
    Are you seriously taking the advice and code from someone from the internet without testing it? Do you at least understand it? Or can it easily kill your server?

How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help: Option 1 / Option 2
  • Lol, looks like someone changed the page today: https://www.red-gate.com/hub/events/redgate-summit-the-database-landscape-chicago

Wonder how long before the answer the internal Slack post from Grant or me?

• LoL

Grants' giving them a poke did the trick!  🙂

Time to look at booking a room!

• InterContinental Chicago Magnificent Mile is right down the street from Grant Park.  There's some kind of wise-guy comment in here I think.

Michael L John
    If you assassinate a DBA, would you pull a trigger?
    To properly post on a forum:
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/61537/

• Happy bunny hopping / bell watching / ... . Easter is nearby

• Sigh. I wish I could take comfort in "Your emergency is not my emergency." Sadly, my job makes other people's emergencies my emergency.

Any powershell gurus around? I'm still in my learning curve and am a bit stumped on this one: Doing NSLookup on SQL Query Results – SQLServerCentral Forums

And who is looking forward to (or looking at) a Solar Eclipse come April 8th?

Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

• Brandie Tarvin wrote:

Sigh. I wish I could take comfort in "Your emergency is not my emergency." Sadly, my job makes other people's emergencies my emergency.

Any powershell gurus around? I'm still in my learning curve and am a bit stumped on this one: Doing NSLookup on SQL Query Results – SQLServerCentral Forums

And who is looking forward to (or looking at) a Solar Eclipse come April 8th?

go and have a look at what I posted.

• This was removed by the editor as SPAM

Viewing 15 posts - 66,526 through 66,540 (of 66,549 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply