Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 9,728 total)

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    A million things to do at work and they want me off my PC. I've got a new one I've got to configure.

    So I'm importing my outlook rules, my IE...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Get one type with max id

    Eirikur Eiriksson (8/4/2016)


    Nice input Brandy, appreciate it:-) Maybe the OP can enlighten us on the issue?

    😎

    There's also the issue of the final sort order. Lynn's results are sorted differently than...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Get one type with max id

    Eirikur Eiriksson (8/4/2016)


    The problem with Lynn's fine solution is that it isn't able to utilise an index on the Address Type, hence a relatively expensive sort operator is introduced in...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Eirikur Eiriksson (8/4/2016)


    Lynn Pettis (8/3/2016)


    Jack Corbett (8/3/2016)


    Lynn Pettis (8/3/2016)


    Is the code I wrote here really that sophisticated, or is it that I have been doing this so long...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object Explorer Details & undocumented system stored procedures

    Luis Cazares (8/3/2016)


    Brandie Tarvin (8/3/2016)


    . I assume I open a trace against the server I'm browsing as opposed to my local machine?

    Exactly, unless they're the same. I did that to...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Always on Multi subnet : RPC issue

    mikaeru (8/1/2016)


    Thanks.

    The stairway does't seem to talk about multisubnet 🙂

    Well we have a strange network setup, I currently work in Tokyo and they not that flexible ...

    Did you read...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Object Explorer Details & undocumented system stored procedures

    Eric M Russell (8/1/2016)


    Rather than attempting to hack SSMS Object Explorer, maybe there is a SSMS add-in alternative that work in the way you want. Some people like to use...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    BrainDonor (8/2/2016)


    Anybody remember DataEase? They've 'relaunched' the DOS version:

    http://www.dataease.com/test_article_view/?ArticleID=00122&field1=00122

    Whoever posted or proofed this is not a native English speaker. Or it's a translation program gone rogue.

    We don't know if...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Always on Multi subnet : RPC issue

    The definitive tutorial by Perry Whittle (Staircase to Always On[/url]).

    What we did. Create a 4 node cluster with 2 nodes in data center A and 2 nodes in data center...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jeff Moden (7/28/2016)


    Alan.B (7/28/2016)


    Lynn Pettis (7/28/2016)


    Brandie Tarvin (7/28/2016)


    ChrisM@Work (7/28/2016)


    BrainDonor (7/28/2016)


    I would like to know why they even bother.

    How many people out there are going to think "I could do with...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    BLOB_EATER (7/28/2016)


    Guys just a quick question for those bloggers out there, do you have a section on your website about copyright that protects your writing?

    Copyright protection is pretty much automatic...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    ChrisM@Work (7/28/2016)


    BrainDonor (7/28/2016)


    I would like to know why they even bother.

    How many people out there are going to think "I could do with a new kitchen, where should I look?...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Eirikur Eiriksson (7/26/2016)


    Sean Lange (7/26/2016)


    Jack Corbett (7/26/2016)


    Apparently the person I'm going to be interviewing shortly has access to and knows how to use DBCC TimeWarp since they started...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Jack Corbett (7/26/2016)


    Apparently the person I'm going to be interviewing shortly has access to and knows how to use DBCC TimeWarp since they started their current position in...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

  • RE: Are the posted questions getting worse?

    Luis Cazares (7/22/2016)


    Brandie Tarvin (7/22/2016)


    jasona.work (7/22/2016)


    So I'm sitting here, and I just realized I've got a grin on my face from getting something to work...

    Crafting up some easy-to-use backup reports...

    Brandie Tarvin, MCITP Database AdministratorLiveJournal Blog: http://brandietarvin.livejournal.com/[/url]On LinkedIn!, Google+, and Twitter.Freelance Writer: ShadowrunLatchkeys: Nevermore, Latchkeys: The Bootleg War, and Latchkeys: Roscoes in the Night are now available on Nook and Kindle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,561 through 1,575 (of 9,728 total)